Welcome to article number four in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Old Daka, a member of the Nightsisters and one of the few Dark Side healers in the game. While Old Daka does not have high value in the AAT or HAAT, she is a character that will grab the attention of players at lower levels because of her healing ability. However the October 2017 Nightsisters rework has brought significant value to this nearly dead faction (pun intended), Old Daka included.
Main Focus: Every character in SWGoH needs Speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), and Old Daka is one who can really impact a fight with top-tier Speed. Since her basic can Stun and she is a healer/reviver, making her as fast as possible is important to ensure you can use her kit more often.
Additional Areas to Focus: Health and Potency. If you want to inflict Stun on your opponent then high potency is a must as the rework as her chance to Stun an opponent with her basic, Insightful Blow, increased from 60% to 75%. While her basic attack is the one that needs Potency, it is her healing ability, Chant of Resurrection, that makes her even more valuable. The healing special now gives allies 50% (up from 30%) of Old Daka’s max health, not their own health, and has a 35% chance to revive a defeated enemy (70% chance on Nightsister allies). Thus, high health numbers for Old Daka from her mods means the heal is greater and more valuable to your squad. Keep an eye on that Potency number though, because when used under a Mother Talzin lead all Nightsisters gain +50% Potency, thus you may not need Potency from the plus mod.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Old Daka:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target speed, potency and health through the mods this could work out well a number of different ways. Here is my preferred setup for Old Daka:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency & defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, protection, potency & tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with a primary focus on potency (if not used with a Mother Talzin lead) or on Health (if used under a Mother Talzin lead) and a secondary focus on speed, defense, tenacity and protection