Welcome to article number five in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Poe Dameron, the “best pilot in the Resistance” who opens Episode VII and proves to be one of the heroes of the new trilogy. Available in the Cantina Battle Store, my original thoughts were that “Poe is a pretty easy farm for anyone in need of a Tank with good speed and interesting abilities.” Of course the game evolved and the Zeta Finn lead in an all-Resistance squad has become so valuable that the uses of Poe Dameron in SWGoH have changed as well, as this is no ordinary tank character.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), Poe Dameron needs it more than almost all others if a Zeta Finn Resistance team is important to your success. While Poe is one of the lucky characters with a great amount of speed set in, that just means enhance it to the tune of 220+. If you want to be like those guys with the crazy Resistance HAAT damage teams or the ones who can easily score maximum Territory Points in Phase 6 of Hoth – Imperial Invasion, getting Poe’s speed up will be a big boost to your chances.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Tenacity and survivability. So with Speed now the number one focus, that leaves Potency a close second. Poe’s basic attack, Challenging Shot, has a 40% chance to inflict offense down and his special ability, Resistance Bravado, has a 65% chance to Expose enemies and inflict buff immunity for 2 turns once you use an Omega material on it. That Expose debuff is the difference in winning or losing in most SWGoH battles, so boost your Potency to get the train going, because once the Resistance TM gain from Exposes starts it can be incredible.
Tenacity, while rarely important on other toons, is a solid area to focus with Poe because his unique ability, Stand Firm, allows Poe to recover 7.5% of his max health whenever he resists a negative status effect, but compared to the need for Speed and Potency, this is far less important. Finally, if you just want him to be a super-tank and eat up shots from the enemies, more survivability (health, protection & defense) is important, but not at the expense of more Speed and Potency.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Poe Dameron:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target speed, potency and health through the mods this could work out well a number of different ways. Here is my setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with offense primary and tenacity, speed, health, protection or defense secondaries
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are considered a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with defense primary and focus on potency, speed, health or protection secondaries
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with offense/defense primary and focus and potency, speed, tenacity and defense secondaries
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with health primary and focus on potency, speed, health and tenacity secondaries
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are a bonus, but if you have a single mod in your inventory with a good speed secondary, this is the character to use it on