Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Rogue One Rebel and Guardian of the Whills Baze Malbus. Used correctly, Baze can prove to be a very valuable member of your team in the Galactic War, even at 3 or 4 stars, and of your Arena team or in the AAT or Heroic AAT team for Phase 4. In fact, many of the top Arena teams in my highly-competitive (December 2015) shard either run Baze and Chirrut or an all or mostly Sith squad currently.
Main Focus: While every character benefits from speed, Baze is one of the few where I do not recommend aiming to speed the toon up. Since he begins each battle with a taunt and retribution he will get plenty of hits in without a need for a fast turn meter, so stay focused on long-term survivability with Baze by beefing up his defense, health and protection. Because of the retribution, you want him to take every hit possible so high defense will go the farthest toward keeping him alive, but be sure to focus on health as well. Baze’s unique, Dauntless Courage, grants him Max Health equal to 20% of his Max Health and if Chirrut Imwe is present he also gains that much Max Health. Thus, more health for Baze equals more Heath for Chirrut.
Additional Areas to Focus: Since Baze’s main focus is staying alive as long as possible, the secondary areas of focus should be potency and tenacity. Potency helps his offense as his basic attack, Heavy Repeater Cannon, has a 70% chance to inflict speed down on the target. Plus if Chirrut is present Baze gains 10% turn meter whenever he uses his basic. Tenacity can also benefit Baze depending on how you are using him. If the Arena is where you plan to use him most, high tenacity will make it harder to land stun, shock and other debuffs.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Baze Malbus:
Baze Malbus is a character who only the pay to play gamers in SWGoH have starred up since he is only farmable with crystals and chromium packs. Thus, if you are going to invest into this toon (and if you do, go get Chirrut as well), you might as well maximize his effectiveness going after health and potency mods. Here is my setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, tenacity and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on potency, defense and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on potency, protection, health and tenacity
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on defense, tenacity and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on defense and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with primary focus on health or protection and a secondary focus on defense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg