Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be the First Order Officer, a Dark Side Support character who can grant allies turn meter and buffs and remove turn meter from opponents.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed (yes, I do say this every time because it is true), the First Order Officer seems best-used with huge speed numbers (200+). Because his marching orders grant a target ally 100% turn meter, if FOO can get the first turn in a battle he can start a chain of events that greatly benefit his allies. Specifically, First Order Officer starting a battle then granting 100% tm to either Kylo Ren or Captain Phasma can result in the entire First Order team getting 5 or more turns before the opponents can even blink.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency and Critical Damage. Potency is important because his Pinning Shot special attack has a 70% chance to remove 50% turn meter. Given any TM removal grants allies 15% turn meter, high potency can be of great benefit. Critical Damage is important as FOO’s basic has +20% CD when you have an Omega on it. Thus, if any ally has Advantage, and FOO already has 216% CD, he scores a critical hit at 236%.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH First Order Officer:
I am choosing to go with a set of 4 Critical Damage mods and 2 Potency mods to gain as much as possible in these two areas. Here is my preferred mod setup for First Order Officer:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a focus on potency, defense, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – anything else gained is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a focus on offense, health, speed and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with+36% Critical Damage primary – anything else gained is a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with protection primary and a focus on speed, defense, potency and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with +24% potency primary – anything else gained is a bonus