Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH toon. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Rogue One Rebel Jyn Erso. First available in tournament play, Erso was made available in a second round of tournaments on SWGoH as the peak of the rumored cheating shut down the entire tournament system at the same time of the nerfed Barriss Offee zeta.
While Jyn is not truly AAT/HAAT viable on a high-scoring team, she is an absolute beast (pun intended) against the Rancor. In my Guild’s FFA Rancor Raids I use her to help solo the Rancor alongside Zader, Royal Guard, Emperor Palpatine and Qui-Gon Jinn. She is great in the Galactic War but I have seen very few use her in the Arena and rank high.
Main Focus: Jyn is no different than the masses in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and benefits greatly from Speed. Her base speed of 163 is one of the highest in the game, thus using mods to boost that speed to the 200 range is quite reasonable and recommended.
Additional Areas to Focus: Given speed is the main focus, Potency and Critical Chance and Protection are the other areas I would recommend you focus on. How you use Jyn is key – if you use her as a leader the need for a lot of potency is not as great. Her leader ability grants all Rebel allies 35% potency on top of their normal numbers. Because she then grants allies a 50% chance to expose debuffed enemies, she becomes much more valuable in my opinion. In terms of Critical Chance, her AOE can revive an ally based on critical hits scored. In addition, her Truncheon Strike special stuns her target on a critical hit, thus a high CC number fits her well. If you have a Zeta on Jyn’s Leader Ability I would also recommend higher Protection numbers given you get a 5% boost whenever you gain a buff.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Jyn Erso:
Like Baze and Chirrut, Jyn Erso ws a character who was only pay to play early on so many SWGoH gamers did not have her starred up since she was only farmable with crystals and chromium packs. Thus, if you are going to invest into this toon, you might as well maximize her effectiveness going after critical chance, potency and possibly speed mods. Here is my setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, defense, protection and health
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – anything else is just a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on critical chance, protection and speed
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on critical chance and a secondary focus on speed, potency, protection and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on offense, defense, protection and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with +24% potency – anything else is just a bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg