Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is a Episode I Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. For the purpose of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, QGJ (see: SWGoH Acronyms) was the head of an early meta as his leader ability granted Jedi allies 23 speed prior to the introduction of Omega materials and then 25 with an Omega before Zeta materials changed everything in the game. While Qui-Gon remains one of the best Jedi in the game, he is arguably the best leader of all Jedi in SWGoH now granting Jedi 30 speed, huge offensive boosts and foresight to start each encounter and whenever any unit is defeated. Personally, I use QGJ in our Guild’s Rancor Free for Alls, in Phase 1 of HAAT and sometimes in the Galactic War.
Main Focus: Qui-Gon Jinn is incredibly effective with high potency, but interestingly enough I do not have a single potency mod on my QGJ. That having been said, any combination of mods that gets you to 80-90% potency will help ensure that he knocks turn meter off of his opponents with his basic. Speed is equally important to ensure he maximizes his effectiveness, which is great since his base speed of 145 is on the higher side. While I typically do not use Speed mods on my characters due to the bonus given by the 4-mod set not being as strong as I would like, Qui-Gon gets all of my best Speed mods and is over 200 speed in my lineup.
Additional Areas to Focus: Because I use Qui-Gon Jinn in Phase 1 of HAAT, Tenacity is a key stat for my gameplay. However, especially early on, QGJ is very squishy and needs defense, health and protection for survivability as well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Qui-Gon Jinn:
While much of this can depend on how you prefer to use Qui-Gon Jinn, I am comfortable with this setup being effective for HAAT, the GW and against the Rancor without a need for moving mods around at all. Here is my preferred mod setup (although any mod combo with the same focus areas will do):
- Transmitter (Square) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on offense, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Tenacity mod with +30 speed – anything else is just a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on tenacity, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed mod with with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed mod with primary focus on potency and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity and defense
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg