Welcome to another article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Jedi Aayla Secura is described by SWGoH as a “versatile attacker with high survivability through dodge, hit points and self healing.” As SWGoH has progressed, Aayla has emerged as one of the top Jedi in the game and I personally use her on my Phase 1 HAAT team.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed, which I say in almost every mods article, Aayla Secura is most effective when she has high Speed, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Because this game puts such an emphasis on speed, push her speed number as high as possible.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Offense and Critical Damage are the other areas to focus on given her kit. Aayla’s unique, Superior Riposte, grants her +10% CC, 65% Counter Chance and +50% Counter Damage. Thus, if she is scoring critical hits frequently, those counter attacks will be very strong with a high CD number. While getting her CC up over 50% is key to maximize her effectiveness, I have recently changed my mods on Aayla from Critical Damage to Offense. My thinking here is that even if anti-Crit toons are opposite my squad, she will still hit hard which will also help her Survivor Health gain be higher.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Aayla Secura:
Aayla Secura is another one of those SWGoH toons who, upon a closer examination, can see their power and effectiveness increased greatly through the use of mods. I have changed my reliance on CC/CD mods in recent months given the anti-crit trends of SWGoH in recent months, so here is my recommended mod setup for the Twi’lek Jedi Aayla Secura:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with focus on offense and secondary focus on speed, critical chance, defense and health
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with focus on defense and secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with +36% Critical Damage or +12% Critical Chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with focus on health and secondary focus on critical chance, speed, defense and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with focus on health or defense and secondary focus on critical chance, speed, offense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg