Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods is Phoenix Squadron leader Hera Syndulla. The daughter of Clone Wars Freedom Fighter Cham Syndulla of Ryloth, Hera has the lone leader ability under the Phoenix classification in the game, and that leader ability is one of the game’s best. Let’s see what a in-depth review of her abilities and mods shows us.
Main Focus: The key to Hera Syndulla in SWGoH is having her lead the Phoenix Squadron, thus, you need to keep her alive. Thus, health, protection and defense are the key areas to focus, with health and protection as the main focus. Zeb’s unique specifically deals with protection recovery each turn, which is passed to all Phoenix allies under Hera’s lead, thus higher protection will benefit you more efficiently than other areas.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Potency and Defense. Speed is a focus simply because you must have speed on your characters to be effective. Potency helps make her basic attack more effective, thus landing the Expose on the enemy with the highest health, and defense just adds to the stats above to keep her alive.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hera Syndulla:
Because they are easy to get for any SWGoH player, I am choosing to go with 3 sets of 2 Health mods to gain as much survivability as possible. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Hera Syndulla:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, potency and health
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on tenacity, defense, speed and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health or protection primary and a focus on defense, tenacity and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, offense, tenacity and protection