Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. Sabine is one of the few I have no been able to use as much as I like, however her kit is rather straightforward – it is just a matter of doing the research.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Sabine Wren. Armed with the Mandalorian artifact called the “Darksaber,” Wren is a very strong character in SWGoH when geared and well-modded with her Phoenix Squadron teammates under a Hera Syndulla lead.
Main Focus: Critical Chance and Critical Damage are the main areas to focus on for Sabine. Her unique gives her +25% CC and +25% CD which also passes to her Phoenix allies under Hera’s lead, and given her ability to get extra attacks from her basic, Blasters Akimbo, more attacks and higher CC means she can overwhelm opponents.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Potency, Speed and Protection. Offense will come from the higher Critical Chance and Critical Damage numbers, but additional offense appears to be helpful to the team given Kanan and Hera are not offensive toons on this team already. Zeb’s unique specifically deals with protection recovery each turn, which is again passed to all Phoenix allies under a Hera Syndulla lead, thus higher protection will benefit you more efficiently than other areas. Potency will help her AOE special, Demolish, since it can inflict both Expose and Stagger on the target enemy, but you don’t need a ton of Potency if you have a Zeta on Sabine’s AoE. Speed is a focus simply because you must have speed on your characters to be effective, and she is a fantastic character when modded correctly.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Sabine Wren:
I am choosing to go with a set of 4 Critical Damage mods and 2 Critical Chance mods to gain as much as possible in these two areas. After more battle experience using Sabine, and testing her Zeta, I suggest really ramping up her Speed above 200 to get the full impact of her abilities. Here is my preferred mod setup for Sabine Wren:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with offense primary and a focus on CC, speed, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – anything else gained is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a focus on CC, potency, speed and health/protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% Critical Damage – anything else gained is a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with protection primary and a focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, potency and defense