Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Rebel pilot Wedge Antilles. Used correctly (paired with Biggs), Wedge can prove to be one of the most valuable members of your AAT or Heroic AAT team for Phase 2 or Phase 4, and was a mainstay in the Arena for the second half of 2016.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed, the main focuses for Wedge Antilles are (like many) Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Because I suggest focusing more on speed with Biggs Darklighter, for those who lack mods with high speed secondaries, I would ensure Wedge is fast, but put my best speed secondary mods on Biggs since Wedge assists his Comrade-in-Arms attack. For Wedge, just make sure his CC is in the 50-60%+ range and his CD is as close to the max 216% as possible to ensure he hits the tank like a tank.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, health, potency and offense would be the other areas to focus. Because most use Wedge as a leader in Phase 4 of the AAT/HAAT, higher health numbers benefit your Rebels as he grants 15% max health to each Rebel on a critical hit and 25% max health when they defeat an enemy. If you run Wedge with Chirrut Imwe (and hopefully Baze Malbus) the higher health number will be even more beneficial. Potency is very important because you want Wedge to score a defense down debuff on the tank when toppled to maximize damage, and speed is a given for all SWGoH toons. Any additional offense boost is a plus since we know that offense directly impacts CC and CD stats as well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Wedge Antilles:
Wedge used to be one of the top-used toons in the Arena before the Zeta Maul meta, and thanks to the introduction of R2-D2 in May 2017, Wedge has gotten a bit of a boost in Arena play again. In order to maximize his effectiveness, getting the right sets of mods is important. I would prefer the mix below to ensure Wedge Antilles has max CD, high potency, high CC and a strong health number. Note a multiplexer/plus mod with health or offense (over potency as I have recommended) is not necessarily a bad choice, depending on how you use him.
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with critical damage +36% – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal. Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg