Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Rebel leader Admiral Ackbar. Popular for his time in Return of the Jedi and for the phrase “It’s a Trap!”, Ackbar is a Mon Calamari who nearly became the University of Mississippi’s (Ole Miss Rebels) mascot in 2010.
In SWGoH, Admiral Ackbar is an easy character to farm in the early stages of the game and viable throughout. His Capital Ship, Home One, adds significant value to the character given it is the most-used of the three Capital Ships we have in the game at this time. One notable bit of info on Ackbar is that Rebel Coordination, his leader ability, maxes out at Level 7. Since Zeta Abilities are always Level 8 abilities, this leaves room with Ackbar for a future Zeta Ability.
Main Focus: Almost every character needs speed, and Admiral Ackbar is no different. He is especially valuable against teams that land a lot of debuffs and when used as a leader against characters who counter attack, so get him as fast as possible to take advantage of his Tactical Genius and It’s A Trap special abilities as quickly and often as possible.
Additional Areas to Focus: Health and survivability would be the other areas to focus, and some may prefer Offense or CC/CD. As we know, offense directly impacts Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats, so if you want your Ackbar to hit harder it would make sense to beef this area up. I prefer Health Mods on Ackbar since they are the easiest to farm and if his Max Health is higher then the It’s A Trap special is slightly more effective since it grants 9% health recovery for each debuff dispelled. Outside of this additional survivability in the form of Defense and Protection are also recommended.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Admiral Ackbar:
Admiral Ackbar was more of a must-have early in the game, but as the game gets more advanced he probably is not even a Top 10 Rebel character at this point. That having been said he is a must-have for his Capital Ship and is a solid toon. Here is my recommended Mod setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, offense, defense and health
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, defense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg