Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Ewok Elder. One of the early healers in SWGoH, back when healers mattered, Ewok Elder has a rare “revive” special ability that has made him a more attractive farm. When the best Heroic Tank Raid teams began to be publicized, EE also saw a boost in popularity on a Zeta Darth Vader team as the healer and for his ability to dispel debuffs. However, Ewok Elder is designed to be an important piece of an all-Ewok team and is the key to long-term battle success with any Ewok squad. While it was not a huge change, Ewok Elder got a bit of a boost in the July 2017 Ewok Faction Pass upgrades.
Main Focus: Speed. Ewok Elder already has a decent base speed at 122, but I recommend getting him as high as possible given EE is the key to any Ewok squad. Once Ewok Elder dies, all Ewoks are then vulnerable, so get Ewok Elder over 200 speed if you plan to use your Ewoks in important battles.
Additional Areas to Focus: Health and additional survivability. Health is a close second to Speed for Ewok Elder. His special, Tribal Healer, dispels all debuffs and “all allies recover Health equal to 30% of Ewok Elder’s Max Health.” Thus, if he has a Max Health of 15k, all allies gain 4,500 health on the use of Tribal Healer. However, if you can get that Health number up to 25k, the heal effect is 7,500. Thus, more Health on EE makes him more valuable. In addition to Health, look for mod secondary stats like Tenacity (we don’t want him getting Ability Blocked or Stunned), Protection and Defense to keep him alive and healing.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Ewok Elder:
I recommend the use of Health and/or Defense mods to keep Ewok Elder alive and boost that Max Health number. Here is my preferred mod setup for Ewok Elder:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are bonus, but defense and tenacity are preferred
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, defense, protection and tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, protection and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity, defense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg