Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
FN-2187, better known to the Star Wars world simply as “Finn,” is yet another character in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes who became instantly viable thanks to the introduction of Zetas Materials and Abilities. One of the stars of The Force Awakens, Finn is a Resistance Tank that excels as a leader in an all-Resistance squad. While Finn’s Zeta Leader Ability is a difference-maker in SWGoH, having the proper mods on Finn and his Resistance teammates is important, so let’s take a look at those now.
Main Focus: Potency. What? Not speed? Keep reading, you need Speed too. I label Potency as the main focus for Finn because the key to the Resistance squad’s success under a Zeta Finn leadership is landing the Expose debuff. Landing Expose and then hitting the exposed enemy grants each Resistance ally 35% Turn Meter and resets their codlins by 1, thus high Potency means more Expose debuffs and more turns for your Resistance team.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Offense, CC/CD and Survivability. A lot of this section goes to how you prefer your characters. Given the Expose trick of Finn’s Zeta leadership already hits hard, you can capitalize on that with Offense, Critical Chance and Critical Damage, or you can go the other way and add Survivability to take more hits. Of course, if you are using the Expose trick and have your Resistance toons modded correctly you’re not going to have to worry about Finn getting hit much, even with the taunt buff after Poe. Whatever you choose, do not ignore Speed. Speed is critical in SWGoH and is necessary on 90%+ of all characters, so get Finn and his Resistance teammates ramped up on as much Speed as possible to get things rolling.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Finn:
For Finn I focused on Speed, Potency and added a +36% Critical Damage triangle to get all of those numbers up. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Finn:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed – anything else is just a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with +36% Critical Damage – anything else is just a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, potency, and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with +24% Potency – anything else is just a bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg