Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best SWGoH mods for each character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Grand Admiral Thrawn. Available to unlock for free (this often gets overlooked) in the Artist of War event, Thrawn can be a real difference-maker on any roster.
Looking at Thrawn’s best mods, he is one of the toughest to decide on how to set him up. Some may suggest Speed or Offense mods, others Critical Chance. I am running a 7-star Grand Admiral Thrawn in the Squad Arena which consistently places #1 at payout (November 2015 shard), so I feel comfortable that my mod setup is effective. If you have another way that works you are welcome to share it with our readers in the comments below.
Main Focus: Speed. Once again, in order to be effective in this game and maximize Thrawn’s awesome kit, you have to be fast. My Grand Admiral Thrawn is over 230 speed and lands Fracture 2-3 times per Squad Arena battle – if I don’t destroy my enemy too quickly. If you run him as a Leader and utilize the Maneuver ability well, you can ensure he gets to attack even more.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Critical Chance and Survivability. Grand Admiral Thrawn is one of the Elite characters in SWGoH, so keeping him alive is important so that you can maximize the use of Fracture. I recommend a lot of Protection given Grand Admiral’s Command grants Thrawn and the selected ally 40% Protection recovery and, if you use him as a Leader like I do, Legendary Strategist grants Empire allies 15% Max Protection. In addition, if you have a Zeta on Thrawn’s Leader Ability Empire allies recover 2% Protection whenever they gain or lose a status effect. I have a full set of 4 Offense mods on Thrawn so that he hits hard and also have a Critical Chance set on Thrawn to boost his CC number to help Fracture and his basic hit even harder.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Grand Admiral Thrawn:
I recommend the use of a full Offense set of 4 and 2 Critical Chance mods on Thrawn with as much Speed as possible. Here is my recommended approach for mods on Grand Admiral Thrawn:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Offense mod with +36% critical damage – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, protection, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, defense and offense
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg