Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the Hoth Rebel Scout. A somewhat overlooked Rebel character who looks almost exactly like Hoth Rebel Soldier, I farmed him early to unlock Emperor Palpatine in the Emperor’s Demise event (long before Wedge – bad idea!). While Hoth Rebel Scout does have a decent kit, others have far surpassed him in terms of how hard they hit, how fast they are and the synergies between factions and characters.
Main Focus: Speed. Once again, in order to be effective in this game and use the skills below, you have to be fast. If your character is not in the 180+ speed range, you will not be effective playing SWGoH at a high level.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Hoth Rebel Scout needs Potency to remove Turn Meter with his Rebel Assault attack, and scoring a critical hit on that special attack grants him 100% Turn Meter, so having a strong CC number (close to 50% or higher) makes sense. Whenever a character has strong CC it just makes sense to enhance the Critical Damage so that they hit event harder, so put a high CD triangle on Hoth Rebel Scout as well.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hoth Rebel Scout:
I recommend the use of Potency and Critical Chance mods on Hoth Rebel Scout with as much Speed as possible, however Critical Damage mods with high Potency secondaries is another good option. Here is my recommended approach for mods on Hoth Rebel Scout:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on potency, speed, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed primary – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with +36% critical damage – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg