Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. Given this is a new character who I have yet to use this is a breakdown of their kits per the in-game text and my analysis of how best to mod this new SWGoH toon.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the newest Ewoks added to SWGoH – Paploo. Added in an update on July 12, 2017, Paploo is the Ewok tank who taunts that we had heard about. A quick look at his kit shows that his basic attack, Vigilant Strike, dispels buffs from the target enemy and grants him Defense Up and can also grant Defense Up for another Ewok if he is called to assist (Chief Chirpa…). His special, Diversion, is where he taunts and can land Speed Down on a target enemy, and his other special, Galvanize, dispels debuffs from Paploo and a target ally. Finally, his unique, Don’t Hold Back, at level 8 shows him recovering 5% Health and Protection whenever he gains a status effect, and has him at +25% speed when not taunting.
Main Mods Focus: Survivability. The goal of any taunting Tank is to absorb hits to protect his/her teammates, and Paploo is no different. Get as much defense, health and protection on Paploo as you can as when you get to level 8 that 5% gain of both Health and Protection when Paploo gains any stauts effect could make him an incredibly tough one to beat. Note that Level 7 of the unique does not include Protection recovery, thus I would focus more on Health in the early stages. Also, Chief Chirpa’s Ancestral Secrets special grants all allies 20% recovery of their Max Health it would make sense to up that Health number as much as possible if you plan to run Paploo with Chief Chirpa.
Additional Areas to Focus: Given the amount of TM an Ewok team can generate now, speed should be avoid for Paploo. A fast Teebo, Ewok Elder, or Chief Chirpa (or all three) will have Paploo taking a turn and getting taunt up quickly, and avoiding speed will help keep it up longer. Potency is important to help land the Speed Down debuff with the Diversion special, but survivability really is key.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Paploo:
I recommend the use of Health, Defense and Potency mods on Paploo. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Paploo the Ewok:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with protection primary, although health and defense would work as well depending on your stats, defense, health and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health/Defense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on protection, potency and defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health/Defense mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on protection, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health/Defense mod with primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on health, potency and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg