Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Clone Wars Chewbacca. The first taunting tank in the game for most players, Chewbacca is oddly in his Clone Wars form, not his Rebel Chewie form as he is best known. As a result, there is no synergy with Han Solo (whom he does not know yet), and while he is a good early gameplay character in SWGoH, he has a diminished value later in the game.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed, Clone Wars Chewbacca is one of the slowest in the game with a base speed of 106. Thus, you can put a lot of effort into speeding him up and still not be that great. My recommendation is to go with survivability – defense, health and protection – as the primary focus. Beef each of these numbers up so that Chewie is a hard kill in your squad.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency is certainly important, and a little Tenacity boost is never a bad idea. Tenacity will help keep the negative status effect, called debuffs in SWGoH, away while Potency will help his basic, Bowcaster, remove Turn Meter more often. Any little boosts of Speed are nice to have as well since Chewie is so slow in SWGoH.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Clone Wars Chewbacca:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target speed, potency, tenacity and survivability through the mods this could work out well a number of different ways. Here is my setup:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with offense primary and tenacity, speed, health, protection or defense secondaries
- Receiver (Arrow) – Defense mod with defense primary and focus on potency, speed, health or protection secondaries
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and focus on potency, speed, health or protection secondaries
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health primary and focus and potency, speed, health, protection or defense secondaries
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with protection primary and focus on potency, speed, health or defense secondaries
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Defense mod with protection primary and focus on potency, speed, health or defense secondaries