Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Yoda. Known originally as a little green hermit puppet from The Empire Strikes Back, we were witness to some of Yoda’s greatness, and failings, during Episodes 1-3 and in The Clone Wars. Known as Grand Master Yoda in SWGoH, he is obtainable through one of the game’s Legendary Events, the Grand Master’s Training event, using a team of five Jedi to unlock him at 5 stars or upgrade to 6 or 7 stars.
Main Focus: Speed. Yoda is one of the fastest characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, so build on that strength by making him (force) lightning fast. Since he starts at 157 speed, getting him over 200 should be relatively easy with 220+ as your goal.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Tenacity and survivability. Looking at his second special, Unstoppable Force, it has a 70% chance to remove 70% Turn Meter. Thus, high Potency will help this attack be more effective. Yoda does grant Tenacity Up using the Battle Meditation special, but additional Tenacity is not a bad idea to keep him from Ability Block and Buff Immunity debuffs. While his ability to gain Foresight using his basic attack is nice, Yoda is still quite squishy so I recommend adding to his survivability with health, protection and defense.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Grand Master Yoda:
I recommend the use of Health, Defense, Potency or Tenacity mods on Yoda with as much Speed as possible. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Grand Master Yoda:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and tenacity
- Receiver (Arrow) – Tenacity mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Tenacity mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with +24% potency – any other stats gained are a bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg