One of the game’s Legendary Events, the Emperor’s Demise event is the chance to unlock Emperor Palpatine, one of the top characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes.
Recommended Squads – Emperor’s Demise Event
- Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter are nearly essential as their synergy is key for taking down Boss and Elite characters
- Admiral Ackbar is useful for cleansing against Darth Vader in final tier
- Stormtrooper Han, Baze Malbus or K-2S0 are necessary for keeping attacks off Wedge
- Lando Calrissian or any other big hitters are needed for quickly taking down Stormtroopers.
- Rogue One (Jyn lead, Chirrut, Baze, Cassian and K2) teams, while rare, will get the job done
- Use of a Wedge or Jyn lead is preferred, but if you don’t have either strong enough, Ackbar or Lando are good choices as well
Strategy – Emperor’s Demise Event
Always kill the Stormtroopers first because if you are attacking the boss then the Stormtroopers can taunt with Stormtrooper Commanders having the ability to heal.
When you run into Imperial Officers, try to kill them before the Stormtroopers as their special ability deals a decent amount of damage. That is pretty much the same for each tier. If using Wiggs (Wedge & Biggs), save Biggs’ special ability for bosses. On P3 final tier there are two bosses – Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. Attack the Stormtroopers first, then attack Darth Vader before he uses his Force Crush to inflict damage over time (DOTs) – unless you have Admiral Ackbar. If you do have Ackbar then you probably want to take down Palpatine before he stuns using his special AOE ability. If cleansing after Vader’s special ability, use it quickly because of his Culling Blade special adds extra damage for each debuff on the target.
Special thanks to IceWizard787 from the MyWookieSteakIsChewie Guild for helping refresh my memory on the event details and (updated) strategy!