Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the newest characters in the game and one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Han Solo, only now in his 4th iteration as Veteran Smuggler Han Solo. This version of Han Solo, along with Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca, are designed to be “excellent in Territory Battles, where they are able to really shine.” Of course if they are at 3-stars and part of a major Gear crunch in SWGoH, both will likely be stuck on the bench for most in Territory Battles, far down the list from those actually used in Combat Missions. Just like his buddy VS Chewie, VS Han can only get his star count above 3-stars by buying the Old Debts Bundle or using crystals to buy The Smuggler’s Return Pack in the SWGoH Store.
Main Focus: Speed. Speed is the one constant in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes – without it you cannot be competitive. Look to get Veteran Smuggler Han Solo to the 170-180 range to even be competitive against tough enemies.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability – specifically health. Potency will boost the chances to land debuffs, specifically Stun and Ability Block, when using the Can I Try That? AOE special attack. Then, with a debuff on the enemy already, VS Han’s Trueshot basic becomes even stronger so that he can shoot twice and inflict Stagger on the enemy. CC and CD are both important, and potentially game-changing, thanks to his Partner in Crime unique which grants him +25% CC and a stacking +20% CD when Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca takes damage. Finally, survivability of all kinds – Defense, Health and Protection – but specifically in the form of health, is important to keep him alive longer and play off of his +50% Health Steal from the Partner in Crime unique.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Veteran Smuggler Han Solo:
I recommend the use of four Critical Damage and two Critical Chance mods on Han with as much Speed and Potency as possible. Thus, here is my recommended (ideal) approach for mods on Veteran Smuggler Han Solo, aka Old Han:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with +36% critical damage – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with +24% potency – any other stats gained are a bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg