Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Asajj Ventress, likely the most popular member of the Nightsisters. The only Nightsister with a Zeta ability until the release of Mother Talzin and the October 2017 Nightsisters rework, Asajj is a character that appears to have a ton of potential in the new Nightsisters setup.
Main Focus: While every character needs speed, Asajj Ventress needs it more than most given her base speed of 104 is one of the lowest in the game. However, her unique, Rampage, states that Asajj gains 15 speed for each enemy with no buffs, thus the start of an encounter would see Ventress at a base speed of 179 before mods, so adding significant speed would be wise. I have yet to test this out to ensure it works as intended/stated, so feedback is welcome if anyone cares to comment on how fast a well-modded Asajj Ventress performs in battle.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense, CC/CD and Health. Potency is key with Asajj as her basic has a 35% chance to stun, and her Endless Wrath special can now inflict Defense Down after the rework, but keep in mind that under a Mother Talzin lead all Nightsisters gain +50% Potency, so no need for overkill here. Since Ventress appears to be the main damage dealer in the Nightsisters setup, keeping her offense, Critical Chance and Critical Damage high will help enhance that even more. Finally, Asajj has always been a bit squishy, so adding survivability stats – defense, health and protection – will help remedy this. Specifically, I recommend a focus on Health since Asajj can heal herself and now her Nightsister allies with her Strike Fear special, and both Talia and Old Daka are healers within the faction.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Asajj Ventress:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. I find that with a deep roster of both characters and mods, I am still savings many of my top CC/CD mods for others and thus have a set of four Offense mods and a set of two Critical Chance mods on Asajj which are high on Potency. Here is my preferred mod setup for Asajj Ventress:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus, but work toward health and offense or critical chance secondaries
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with +36% critical damage – all other stats gained are bonus, but work toward health and speed secondaries
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus, but work toward health and speed secondaries