Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Imperial Super Commando. The enforcers of the Imperial occupation on Mandalore in the Star Wars Rebels series, Imperial Super Commandos assist Gar Saxon and play a rather small roll in the Star Wars story to be included in SWGoH. However, the ISC’s addition was likely justified by the lack of Empire characters in the game, especially from the Rebels series. In SWGoH Imperial Super Commando has a very good kit which works well with Saxon as his counter attacks help bring more attacks from the Imperial Mandalorian leader.
Main Focus: Like Gar Saxon, Potency and Speed are the key areas to focus on along with an emphasis on survivability. Imperial Super Commando’s value comes from his ability to inflict Buff Immunity and dispel enemy buffs as well as his counter attacks, and since the counter attacks don’t need any Speed, I will again go with Potency as the main focus. However, treat Speed as 1b to Potency’s 1a. His basic can inflict Offense Down and his special, Superior Tactics, is where Buff Immunity comes from, so ensure his Potency is high to handcuff your enemies.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed & survivability. Speed is the norm in SWGoH – 95% of all characters need it. I recommend getting Imperial Super Commando up to the 160-180 range, like Saxon, to enhance his kit. Survivability – defense, health and protection – is key to keeping him alive, and since counter attacks are important for both ISC and Gar you want to enhance the survivability of both as much as possible. Depending on who you use him with in an Empire squad that survivability can differ – with Royal Guard you may want more of a Health focus where as used with Grand Admiral Thrawn more Protection is the logical choice. I can also see where an argument can be made for Offense, Critical Chance or Critical Damage. If you feel the need to up his offensive firepower look to those mods and comment below if one is particularly effective for you.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Imperial Super Commando:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. As I mentioned above, Imperial Super Commando needs to be both fast and potent, so do all you can to enhance these two areas. Note the plus (Multiplexer) could be a Potency focus if you cannot get enough from secondary stats elsewhere. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Imperial Super Commando:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with a primary speed (+30 preferred) and a secondary focus on health, potency, protection and defense
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, protection and health
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, potency, defense and health
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, protection and offense