Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be one of the noobs, Nightsister Spirit. Adding to the list of nameless Nightsisters, the October 2017 Nightsisters rework made the existing Nightsisters more viable and added Nightsister Spirit and Nightsister Zombie to the game. Through the SWGoH GameChangers program I have been able to evaluate and test her out in my QA/dev account and my best mods recommendations for Nightsister Spirit are below.
Main Focus: Every character needs Speed in this game and Nightsister Spirit joins the rest of the SWGoH universe in the quest for Speed, Speed and more Speed. Her base Speed is 153, the highest of all Nightsisters, so building on this and getting her over 200 should not be that difficult if you are building a strong Nightsister team. If you are building a Nightsister Arena team, however, looks for 240+ to be viable at the high ranks.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Potency & survivability. Nightsister Spirit benefits from higher Potency on both her basic, Spectral Embrace, and her special Possess. The former inflicts Speed down and steals Turn Meter much like Jyn Erso’s Truncheon Strike special attack (this screams Rancor Raid viability), and the latter (Possess) inflicts Stun. While Potency is important, much depends on how you use your Nightsisters. A Mother Talzin lead adds +50% Potency to all members of her squad, so once you get close to 50% on Nightsister Spirit there’s no need to waste your efforts with more. I am suggesting Offense mods/focus because the Malevolent Spirit special grants her +100% Offense while she has Foresight, but while the offensive boost may be on her base offense like on other characters in the game, my approach is to boost this even more. Since so many characters use CC/CD to hit harder, I am going to go with Offense mods below to balance things out a bit and help against anti-crit characters like Shoretrooper, General Kenobi and Barriss Offee. Finally, while she is super agile and gains Foresight often, added survivability is never a bad thing.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Nightsister Spirit:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. As I mentioned above, Nightsister Spirit has a kit that benefits from added Potency and Offense. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Nightsister Spirit:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus, but work toward health, offense and potency secondaries
- Processor (Diamond) – Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with +24% Potency (if NOT using a Mother Talzin lead) or a primary focus on offense (with other leads) and a secondary focus on speed, offense, protection and health