Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for specific SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods is The Force Awakens star Rey (Kenobi? Skywalker? Palpatine?). In the early days of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes one of the first METAs (what does META mean?) we ever saw was the Rey META – the use of Rey (Scavenger), and a fast Rey, was the difference in winning an losing in the Squad Arena. However, what is effective today will not always be effective tomorrow, and Rey went from possibly the top toon in SWGoH to not even in my Top 5 Resistance characters when I look to build the Best Resistance team in SWGoH. That having been said, let’s look at how to mod her for maximum impact.
Main Focus: Like everyone in the game, Speed is a heavy focus. With a 164 base Speed, Rey is one of the fastest in the game, so build on that and annoy the heck out of your enemies with a 220+ Speed if you are serious about using Rey (Scavenger) extensively in the AAT Tank Takedown, against the Rancor and in Territory Battles.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Tenacity, Potency and survivability. The least valuable (in my opinion) character in a Resistance team under a Zeta Finn leadership, Rey with a Zeta has been seen doing massive damage in HAAT Phase 4. However, unless you are just starting HAAT and have a Zeta Material to burn, it seems a wiser move to use that elsewhere. I recommend going for high Critical Chance and Critical Damage stats to help her hit even harder than normal. CC mods will help her crit more often, and a set of CD mods will make those critical hits more effective. Tenacity is valuable on Rey because her unique unique, Focused Strikes, gives her “+25% Offense as long as she doesn’t have any negative status effects,” aka debuffs, so raise her Tenacity to keep the red spots away from her head. Rey (Scavenger) is squishy, so survivability in the form of Health, Protection and Defense is a must. Finally, while I do not have a Zeta on Rey, Potency helps land debuffs and with a Zeta on her unique which allows her to inflict the Daze debuff on enemies. Thus, a little Potency certainly will not hurt.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Rey (Scavenger):
As Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes continues to evolve, one thing the dev team does well is matching up the strengths of new characters with their faction. Rey is more of a stand alone character than an ideal Resistance character in my opinion, however the Resistance tag is great under a Zeta Finn leadership to get the bonus Turn Meter from striking Expose debuffs.
Here are my recommendations for the best mods approach for Rey (Scavenger):
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, tenacity and defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +36% critical damage – all other stats gained are a bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with a focus on offense or defense (depending on how you prefer your Rey) and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and critical chance
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Some images courtesy of SWGOH.gg