Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character to review mods for is the new First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot. Kylo Ren Unmasked and First Order SF TIE Pilot were first announced by Gaming-fans.com & our fellow GameChangers program members on November 7th, 2017 and became available in marquee events two days later. As part of EA/CG’s SWGoH GameChangers program, I was able to test out FOSFTP at 4-stars and power him up to 7-stars and Gear 12 to see the results and test out different mod sets. My findings are below.
Main Focus: While 95% of the characters in SWGoH need Speed, the First Order SF TIE Pilot fits that norm to a tee. In fact, in testing him at Gear 10 both at 180 Speed and then at over 210 Speed, I found that he is much more effective at the higher Speed, thus that is the main focus I recommend.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance and Survivability. Potency will help bolster the basic attack, Reciprocation, which can inflict the Defense Down debuff. Survivability in SWGoH is Defense, Health and Protection – boost these to keep characters alive longer. Any additional Offense is good, as this seems to be a weak spot for FOSFTP, and given his kit I suggest a focus on Critical Chance and Critical Damage given his special AoE attack Drumfire inflicts Defense Down on enemies who are critically hit. Also, unlike the original Kylo Ren’s AoE which can no longer score crits, this attack can gain massive Turn Meter under the new Kylo Ren Unmasked‘s leadership. Note also that the KRU leader ability grants all First Order characters +30 Speed and +40% CD with a Zeta, so going with a CC primary on the Holo-Array (Triangle) mod for FOSFTP is a real option.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot:
I am choosing to go with a set of 4 Critical Damage mods and 2 Critical Chance mods to gain as much as possible in these two areas with a major emphasis on Critical Chance and Speed from the secondaries, but some may prefer a Speed set instead of CD. My tests really left me disappointed in FOSFTP as his offense is nowhere near FOTP when tested at 7 stars, Gear 12. Basically, if you are relying on his to be a big damage dealer in a First Order team, you will not be happy with the result. Thus here is my preferred mod setup for First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, health and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – anything else gained is a bonus, but try to get a CC boost
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, health and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with +12% Critical Chance primary and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, health and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with protection primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with +24% potency or a health/protection primary and a focus on speed, critical chance, health and protection