Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character here. As your guest reviewer I cannot claim to have definitive answers but all toons I’ve written guides for have been maxed out, modded and tested to the best of my abilities.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the sinister six bounty hunters, Greedo. As one of the most iconic of all he’s disappointingly squishy, but if modded for speed & crit chance he can hit hard & synergize well with Zam Wesell, which has added importance now that the Dark Side Territory Battles, aka Imperial Retaliation, have Bounty Hunters required in three areas of the map. A look at his kit shows that his basic attack, WHO SHOT FIRST? does physical damage & has a 45% chance to grant Greedo Evasion Up for 2 turns. His special THERMAL DETONATOR places thermal detonators on all enemies which explode after 2 turns with a 40% chance to grant Greedo 25% TM every time. He has a leader ability, AMBUSCADE which simply grants all Scoundrel allies 50% Critical Damage. Finally, his unique IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCCEED grants Greedo 15% Critical Chance, and a 50% chance to attack for a second time whenever he scores a critical hit.
Main Mods Focus: Although a relatively easy farm, Greedo is the toon most often left out of a pure Bounty Hunter team. However, if modded properly, he can synergise well with his Thermal Detonators and Zam’s basic. So as Bounty Hunters come to the fore once more in Imperial Retaliation, if you want to run Greedo I’d suggest dropping Cad Bane and modding Greedo for Speed, Potency (to make his bombs stick) and Critical Chance (to increase the chances of a double tap basic attack). You’ll want his Speed high, but Zam needs to be faster so she goes first, attaches detonators, then Greedo does the same and Zam pops 2 at a time next turn, which is potentially devastating.
Additional Areas to Focus: He’s not a strong defensive toon and Bounty Hunters have no tank yet so any extra health, protection or defense is a bonus.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Greedo:
I recommend the use of 2× Critical Chance mod sets and 1x Potency mod set. Here is what I would recommend (although the set bonuses can be gained from any combination of placements as long as 2 are potency set & 4 are crit chance set):
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed/crit chance/potency and health, protection or defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed primary and a secondary focus on crit chance/defence/health/protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Crit Chance mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed/crit chance/potency/health, protection or defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Crit Chance mod with a +12% Critical Chance primary and a secondary focus on speed/potency/defense/health or protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Crit Chance mod with a protection primary and a secondary focus on crit chance/speed/health/potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Crit Chance mod with a +24% Potency primary and a secondary focus on health or protection/crit chance/speed/defense
By Mothman of Descendants of the Empire
Gaming-fans.com Staff Writer
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg