Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Mace Windu – Master of the Jedi High Council in Episodes I, II and III. A non-taunting Jedi tank in SWGoH, Windu is also a Fleet Commander in charge of the Endurance. When compared to the current META, Mace Windu is highly ineffective and underpowered given his rank and importance in the Star Wars universe.
Main Focus: Speed is the go-to main focus on 90-95% of all characters in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and it’s hard not to say the same for Mace Windu. His kit just lacks in so many areas that there is nothing worth being a bigger focus, so go with Speed for Windu to get that base Speed of 123 to the 180+ range.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and Health. Offense is an area of emphasis to boost his basic’s effectiveness as it deals more damage when above 50% Health and heals when below. Given that, Health should be a focus from mods to benefit more from the basic’s ability. His leader ability, Vaapad, grants Jedi allies an additional 20% Offense and a whopping 9% Critical Chance, and while this is quite lame, more CC along with Critical Damage is recommended to also help score bigger hits as mentioned above.
Note: You will notice that Potency is NOT listed. This is due to the fact that Mace Windu’s unique, Shatterpoint, is not dependent on Potency to land the Expose debuff. There’s a 45% chance of triggering the effect, and if it’s triggered, it can’t be resisted.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Mace Windu:
Mace Windu is one of four characters who pilot a Capital Ship, thus he should always have six 5-dot mods at level 15 if you are using the Endurance in any Fleet battles. Personally, I have had a hard time deciding how I prefer to mod Mace Windu, and while I have some very strong offense mods, CC and CD mods are also a good route. If Health mods are where your mod inventory is strongest that could also be the direction you take with offensive stats being a focus from the secondary stats. Here are my mod recommendations for Mace Windu that I think will be best-suited for the majority of players, but feel free to comment and discuss other setups as well.
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed (any other stats gained are a bonus)
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with +36% critical damage (any other stats gained are a bonus)
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with health primary and a focus on speed, defense, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a primary focus on health or offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense