In this chapter of finding the best mods suited towards each individual SWGoH character, we take a look at Ima-Gun Di, another interesting Jedi character with a number of unique abilities. Though his strength is lacking compared to many recent characters, he can be effectively used in modes besides arena, especially when coupled with other Jedi and facing off against droids.
Ima-Gun Di’s primary attack ability, Sunder, is perhaps his most powerful ability, especially against droids. Against other opponents, this ability has a 50% chance to inflict defense down for two turns. Against droids, the chances increase to 100%, coupled with 100% more damage. This gives us something to work with and something to improve upon that will make Ima-Gun Di especially useful, even if it’s only against particular teams and enemies.
His leadership ability, Jedi Strategist, is not particularly useful to anyone but a Jedi team made up of members that already have a chance to counter, like Kit Fisto. On top of that, his unique ability, Last Stand, is only helpful after Ima-Gun Di receives a critical hit from an enemy. Though it grants him 15% health recovery every turn for 3 turns, there’s no way to guarantee that this occurs at the appropriate moment. With all this in mind, it’s hard to find the right combination of mods that focuses simply on making Ima-Gun Di a useful part of your strategy without sacrificing some part of his ability, but here we go!
Main Focus: Offense. Though Ima-Gun Di doesn’t have much in the way of strength to be a consistent powerhouse, this changes against droids. The extra 100% damage can be capitalized upon with a heavily upgraded offensive power.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Health, and Potency. Critical Chance is fairly obvious, since his damage should increase further against droids, adding extra chances for critical hits is worth it. Here’s where things get interesting in the attempt to strike a decent balance. Potency is only useful towards Ima-Gun Di’s primary ability, and he already has a decent chance of inflicting his debuff. If Ima-Gun Di is only going to face droids in his future, then there’s really no need to invest in potency. Potency requires a deeper look only if he’s facing off against non-droids regularly. Health is always a good addition, but there’s also no need to focus too heavily on it. It is only important to choose health over protection every time, in order to give his unique ability a chance to recover massive amounts of health, and keep this Jedi in the fight.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Ima-Gun Di:
I recommend focusing Offense and Critical Chance mod sets, while taking the time to add a few extra secondaries. Health and potency are good to add in where possible, but a clear focus on critical chance and offense will make Ima-Gun Di hurt. As such, here are my recommendations for the mods that suit him best:
- Transmitter (Square) – Offense Mod with offense as a primary stat, and secondaries focused on critical chance, offense, health, and potency.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Offense mod with offense as a primary stat, and secondaries focused on critical chance, offense, health, and defense.
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance mod with a defense as a primary stat, and secondaries focused on critical chance, offense, health, and defense.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Chance mod with critical chance as a primary stat, and secondaries focused on critical chance, offense, health, and potency.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Offense mod with health as a primary stat, and secondaries focused on critical chance, offense, health and defense.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Offense mod with potency as a primary stat, and secondaries focused on critical chance, offense, health and defense.
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg
By Rafiq Mandal
Gaming-fans.com Staff Writer