Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH toons. While we do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, we do our own research and have used every toon we write about extensively.
There are very few characters that have almost no use within the game and are part of the “Do Not Farm” list, but Jedi Knight Guardian has remained steadfast on that list. A non-taunting Tank who is available on a single Dark Side battle and in the difficult-to-farm Squad Cantina Store, most players usually earn more shards for JKG through pulling her via dozens and dozens of Bronzium Data Cards.
Jedi Knight Guardian has some of the lowest base speed in the game, and while she can gain some of the highest base Potency, JKG doesn’t begin to see any of that potency until Gear 8 and won’t hit 65% base Potency until Gear 12. JKG also has low Critical Chance which is a major issue for a character with an ability that depends on landing Critical Damage hits.
All of this notwithstanding, all characters should be eventually well-modded, and while she has very limited use, Jedi Knight Guardian should still be modded appropriately.
Main focus: Potency and Health. With such a low base Speed, Jedi Knight Guardian would require over +100 Speed just to get a bare minimum of Arena-viable Speed. With an increased difficulty in increasing her Speed, JKG should be modded to make use of her applied debuffs and her comparatively high Health and Protection.
Ideal Mod Setup for Jedi Knight Guardian:
I recommend utilizing Potency and Health mod sets on Jedi Knight Guardian, with high Speed and Protection secondaries. Four Potency mods and two Health mods are recommended and are relatively interchangeable for each shape. Jedi Knight Guardian could also be modded with Four Health mods and two Potency mods. Here is the best mod approach for Jedi Knight Guardian:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod, with +5.88% Offense primary and secondaries focused on Protection, Protection %, and Potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod, with +23% Protection primary and secondaries focused on Health, Health %, and Potency
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod, with +11.75% Defense primary and secondaries focused on Protection, Protection %, and Potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod, with +23% Protection or +5.88% Offense primary and secondaries focused on Protection, Protection %, and Potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod, with +23% Protection primary and secondaries focused on Protection, Protection %, and Potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod, with +24% Potency primary and secondaries focused on Protection, Protection %, and Potency
By Kaitco of Descendents of the Empire
Gaming-fans.com Senior Staff Writer