Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I my research and I have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s character review is Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo. Thanks to EA & CG’s SWGoH GameChangers program I have been able to test Holdo out extensively at Gear 11 and 12. Described in-game as a “seasoned Resistance Tank with powerful ally support and enemy debuffs,” Holdo has an interesting kit that complements her Resistance allies rather well. Let’s take a look at our recommendations for the best mods for Amilyn Holdo.
Main Focus: Speed, like with all characters in SWGoH, is a must with Holdo to allow for her turn to come faster so that you can utilize the attacks. When Holdo does not have Taunt she has a +50 Speed (when maxed), but that is no reason not to make her as fast as possible, assuming you do not drastically ignore the secondary focuses below.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency will help her special attack, the AOE called Bunker Buster, which can inflict the Daze debuff on all enemies, as well as Evasion and Defense down on the primary target. Survivability in the form of Heath, Protection and Defense, is key to maximizing Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo’s kit. She is a Tank, which by definition, is designed to take a lot of hits. Because she can Taunt this is needed even more, and her Quiet Confidence unique ability sees her recover 10% Health when she gains Taunt.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo:
Because Holdo’s stats have her high in health and very slow, I feel it is important to strengthen a weakness and enhance a strength. Let’s take a look at my preferred approach for Amilyn Holdo’s mods:
- Transmitter (Square): Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, potency and defense
- Receiver (Arrow): Health mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are a bonus, but defense and potency are preferred
- Processor (Diamond): Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, potency and health
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with a primary focus on either health or defense and a secondary focus on speed, protection, tenacity and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle): Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, protection, potency and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus): Health mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, protection, potency and defense
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg