Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Darth Traya, unveiled with Darth Sion to Gaming-fans.com to myself and the other SWGoH GameChangers during our trip to the EA Capital Games studios in February 2018, was one of the many reason that February is referred to by this Website as The Month of the Sith. I have had the chance to test out Darth Traya on my QA/dev account both with and without mods, and I have to say that I am impressed. Without mods on Traya, I found her leadership (maxed) to not only be great, but dominant. In Squad Arena battles I was able to destroy RJT teams and I plan to test extensively against other Sith teams to get a better feel for what most players will experience in the Arena after unlocking and gearing her.
Let’s take a look at our recommendations on the best areas of focus for Darth Traya’s mods.
Main Focus: Speed. I know, I know, Speed again. But with a kit like this you want her attacking as much as possible because the kit is just plain great. While this is funny since I have had tremendous success testing her without Speed, the addition of more Speed makes her a nightmare to face.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense, Health & Protection. Potency helps Darth Traya’s basic and her Saber Storm special attack both land debuffs, while Offense ensures she will hit even harder. Survivability in the form of Health works well for her leader ability, Compassion is Weakness, where Sith allies gain 10% Health upon a debuffed enemy taking damage. Survivability in the form of Protection may be even more valuable as her Lord of Betrayal unique sees Traya gain +4% Bonus Protection which stacks until the end of her next turn whenever an ally suffers a debuff.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Darth Traya:
Darth Traya has an awesome kit – the best in the game in my opinion – that will be a part of the META for a long time. As a result I recommend using the best mods you can find on Traya to ensure she is not just good, but great. I recommend two sets of Potency mods and a set of Health mods with the best secondary stats you can find on Darth Traya.
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with offense primary; speed, potency and health/protection secondaries
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed primary; any offense, potency and health/protection gained in the secondary stats is a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary; speed, potency, offense and health/protection secondaries
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with offense or protection primary; speed, potency and health/protection secondaries
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with protection primary; speed, potency, offense and health/protection secondaries
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with a protection primary; speed, potency, offense and health/protection secondaries
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Image courtesy of SWGOH.gg