I’m excited about this character and hopefully we can see him (it?) soon. Before I get into the move set, I will explain a little bit about Droidekas, their origins, and their attributes for those who don’t know. The following paragraphs are from “Wookieepedia.”
“Droidekas, also known as destroyer droids, originated on the planet Colla 4 by the Colicoid race (insect looking) after their own image. Droidekas were dangerous and deadly, designed to exterminate their adversaries with extreme prejudice. They could transform their shape by curling into a ball and moving up to 75 kilometers per hour across a surface, or stand on three legs and utilize a shield generator while firing at a target.
A droideka’s shields were so strong and powerful that they could easily repel or deflect short-range, high-velocity attacks; rendering side-arms or blasters ineffective.
Although powerful, they featured several flaws that could be exploited to guarantee a kill; droidekas were blind from behind and their shields were ineffective against slow and stationary objects. Rear assaults, coupled with a distraction and a well thrown Electro Magnetic Pulse grenade, were an extremely effective combination.”
So as we can see, Droidekas were very fast so they should have fast Turn Meter (Speed) in the game SWGoH. They should also have high Protection, Defense, and Armor. They were also a versatile attacker and even made Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan flee combat against just two of them in The Phantom Menace. They have proof that they are weak to Thermal Detonators so it is already suiting to have Jawas effective against them as they already are against all other droids and need no other definite weakness in the game.
Lastly, if you look at the Separatists, you will notice that General Grievous and Geonosian Soldier are the only Attackers. Asajj Ventress and Count Dooku are both Support. B2, MagnaGuard and Sun Fac are Tanks, and the other characters, IMO, are worthless – meaning they don’t add or take away much to this team already, plus the Separatists are definitely not Arena worthy (which is why the Separatists are long overdue for a Faction Pass!) Anyways, as you’ll see next, Droideka’s Power is in 2nd place in this faction – in between Asajj and MagnaGuard. Its Health is about that same as GG’s, Count Dooku’s, and Asajj’s whereas B2 has 24,000. Its Speed is the 2nd highest right below Count Dooku at 167. And its Max Damage is in 3rd place below GG and Geonosian Soldier. Keep in mind, Droideka has high Protection and on top of that it has double Protection as you will read about.
Now on to the move sets. Keep in mind that each move is “Omega’d” (not Zeta’d) and their explanations follow after the move set.
Dark Side, Droid, Tank, Attacker, Separatist
Power: 8900 Health: 13,000 Speed: 149 Max Damage: 6400
Basic: Twin Blasters
Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, inflict another Damage Over Time and Droideka gains Critical Damage Up for 2 turns.
Special: Droideka Assault
Cooldown – 5
Deal Special Damage to all enemies with a 80% chance to inflict Ability Block for 1 turn. Inflict Buff Immunity on the primary target for 1 turn. Call a random Droid Separatist ally to assist dealing 20% less damage.
Unique: Colicoid Design
Droideka starts the battle with Retribution until it is dispelled. In addition, if Droideka has “Deflector Shield Generator,” it gains Protection Up (10%) each time it attacks out of turn, if not then it recovers 10% Protection. In addition, Droideka has +25% Critical Chance and +25% Critical Damage.
Unique: Deflector Shield Generator
At the start of each encounter Droideka gains “Deflector Shield Generator” (yellow font). When this ability expires, Droideka gains Taunt for 2 turns and grants each Separatist ally Critical Chance Up for 2 turns.
(Deflector Shield Generator: Droideka gains 100% Protection Up. This buff expires and cannot be regained when Droideka runs out of Protection Up.)
Move set explanations:
Its basic can inflict DoTs and inspires users to use Critical Chance Mods seeing as it gains Crit Damage Up if it crits. It also plays off of its unique (Colicoid Design) with that bonus Crit Chance and Crit Damage or Crit Chance Up if it loses its Protection Up from its other unique ability. Basically, Droideka has a high Crit Chance and Crit Damage and is the “Droid Version” of Leia/Lando in a sense. However, I think it should naturally have a below average Crit Chance/Damage percentage in its personal stats, but not painstakingly low. It is an attacker so keep in mind this should deal a decent amount of damage anyways.
After unlocking it, the original text reads: “Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict 2 Damage Over Time for 1 turn. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, inflict another Damage Over Time.”
Ability Level Bonus
2 +5% Damage
3 +10% Damage
4 +1 Damage Over Time Duration
5 +5% Damage
6 Droideka gains Critical Damage Up for 1 turn on a Critical Hit
7 + 10% Damage
8 (Omega) +15% Damage and Critical Damage Up Duration + 1
Its special has a long cooldown, as it should considering how it is like a mirror to TIE Fighter Pilot’s Special, but with an assist, by inflicting Ability Block instead. Since it’s an AoE attack, the assist will only be on the target enemy, as will the potential Buff Immunity. Also notice that the assisting ally HAS to have both tags as Droid AND Separatist, otherwise there is no assist. So either B2, Grievous, or Magna Guard are the only ones who can assist seeing as they are the only characters in the game so far with both tags (maybe the devs decide to just make it a Separatist, which would also make sense).
The original text reads: “Deal Special Damage to all enemies with a 50% chance to inflict Ability Block for 2 turns. Call a random Droid Separatist ally to assist dealing 50% less damage.”
Ability Level Bonus
2 +5% Damage
3 – 15% Damage Penalty
4 +15% Ability Block Chance
5 + 10% Damage
6 – 15% Damage Penalty
7 + 15% Ability Block Chance
8 (Omega) +5% Damage and inflict Buff Immunity on the primary target for 1 turn
Droideka’s first unique is pretty complex, but not OP IMO. So it starts the round with Retribution, but it can be dispelled by, say, B2, Nihilus, Asajj, and other dispelling characters. Keep in mind that Droideka is NOT taunting (yet) so it’s not starting the round like Baze Malbus (what a relief).
If it uses Retribution (or is called to assist by another ally), then it will gain/recover 10% Protection Up from its other unique (Deflector Shield Generator) to help uphold it. However, if Deflector Shield Generator is already out of use, then it will just gain/recover its regular Protection. I also threw in those Crit Chance and Crit Damage % because I found it rather lack luster before so. But if it is OP in the lab testing then I would suggest to the devs taking out those Crit % first. But the reason why they are in there is for the sake of the name “Colocoid Design” because the Colocoids were ruthless fighters and specialized in attacking their enemies. That justifies for them to design a droid that includes high Crits, damage, and Retribution IMO.
The original text reads: “Droideka starts the battle with Retribution until it is dispelled. In addition, if Droideka has Deflector Shield Generator, it gains Protection Up (5%) each time it attacks out of turn, if not then it recovers 5% Protection. In addition, Droideka has +10% Critical Chance and +10% Critical Damage.”
Ability Level Bonus
2 +2.5% Protection
3 +2.5% Protection Up
4 +10% Critical Chance
5 +2.5% Protection
6 +2.5% Protection Up
7 +10% Critical Damage
8 (Omega) +5% Critical Chance and Critical Damage
As for its last unique it is pretty self explanatory. It has high Protection/Armor and should be hard to defeat in the game. I like the fact that it gains Taunt after the Deflector Shield Generator expires seeing as it can’t be regained for the rest of the match. This is also where the Leia part comes into play since it grants all Separatist allies Crit Chance Up.
The original text reads: “At the start of each encounter Droideka gains “Deflector Shield Generator” (yellow font). When this ability expires, Droideka gains Taunt for 1 turn.
(Deflector Shield Generator: Droideka gains 40% Protection Up. This buff expires and cannot be regained when Droideka runs out of Protection Up.)”
Ability Level Bonus
2 Protection Up +5%
3 Protection Up +15%
4 Grant Separatist allies Critical Chance Up for 1 turn when ability expires
5 Taunt Duration + 1
6 Protection Up +15%
7 Critical Chance Up Duration + 1
8 (Omega) Protection Up + 25%
I think if General Grievous, Asajj, MagnaGuard, and dare I say Count Dooku get a rework with the addition to Droideka and Jango Fett then I think the Separatist can hold their own in Arena (As they should! They started a long, tactical, and bloody war with the Republic and Jedi for crying out loud) and be up there with Rebels, Empire, Sith, Jedi, First Order, and the Clones. Thank you and please leave your thoughts and remarks. Let the devs know about a possible Zeta idea.