Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Kanan Jarrus. One of the stars of the Rebels cartoon series, Kanan was a Jedi padawan who survived Order 66 and went into hiding for several years before meeting Hera Syndulla and joining the rebellion. Shortly after he was released in SWGoH, on March 16th I wrote, “A quick look at mods for Kanan and right away potency, health, protection and defense stick out as the obvious choices.” So let’s see what a more in-depth review shows us.
Main Focus: The key for Kanan is survivability, specifically health and for this Jedi tank until Mods 2.0 was released. The focus on health is because of the unique abilities of the Phoenix toons which are shared under a Hera Syndulla lead. Zeb’s unique along with Kanan’s special, Total Defense, specifically deals with Protection Up, but since Max Health determines Protection Up, you will benefit more from high Health. Mix in some nice Defense mods to make Kanan as tank as they get.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Tenacity, Protection and Speed. Yes, I said survivability above, but Protection is a good thing to have on any tank. Potency and CC will both benefit Kanan’s effectiveness on his basic, Disarming Strike, as he looks to inflict offense down on his target enemy. A decent amount of Tenacity can benefit you, as when he taunts with Intervene, Kanan’s tenacity is doubled, so don’t go too far. Finally, Speed will help given he is slow as a rock in SWGoH.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health & Tenacity.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Kanan Jarrus:
I am choosing to go with 4 Defense mods and a set of 2 Health mods to gain as much as possible in these areas with solid protection in the secondaries. I tested out the arrow with a +24% Critical Avoidance primary and have since switched to a 5-dot mod with +11.75% Defense, although more Health here would make sense as well. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Kanan:
- Transmitter (Square) – Defense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on health, CC, speed and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Defense mod with a primary focus on defense or health and a secondary focus on potency, CC, speed and tenacity
- Processor (Diamond) – Defense mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on protection, potency, speed and tenacity
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on offense, tenacity, protection and CC
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with a health or protection primary and a secondary focus on CC, health, speed and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with health or protection primary and a secondary focus on CC, defense and protection