Welcome to the Resistance Trooper mods guide, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well for your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for is the Resistance Trooper. One of two generic characters to complete the early Resistance faction, the Resistance Trooper, when correctly modded and at high gear and Relic levels, can be a very strong attacker landing Expose and Speed Down on enemies. Let’s take a look at the mods you want to use to make the Resistance Trooper as effective as possible.
Main Focus: Critical Chance & Critical Damage with an RJT lead. The reality of SWGoH is that Speed Kills, but it is clear that the developers have tried to lessen the impact of Speed. Under Rey (Jedi Training)’s lead Resistance Trooper is not nearly as reliant on Speed and instead I recommend a strong focus CC & CD, especially for those still using him in Phase 1 of the Sith Triumvirate Raid. RT works well with his Resistance teammates, the key being big hits and the Turn Meter gained from his unique which negates the need for Speed. Thus, get your CC and CD mods on RT with the highest CC and Offense possible from the secondary stats to ensure he lands a lot of Expose debuffs on enemies and in turn gains more TM to hit again.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Offense & survivability. Potency is important to help the RJT-led team gain Turn Meter from his basic and special attacks, but the mechanics of the RJT leadership with BB-8 focus more on needing CC to land the Expose. No matter what, Potency is still needed under the RJT lead to help his basic and land the Speed Down debuff is an important one from his Opportune Strike special. Also look to add survivability – defense, health and protection – to keep your Resistance Trooper in the battle longer. I would focus on Health above Protection even the value of high Health and the Gear 12 pieces in the Sith Raid against Darth Nihilus. Finally, Offense will, along with CD above, help you hit harder which is always wise with a character designed to be an attacker.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Offense & Potency. This is close, but I simply cannot agree with just saying Offense & Potency mods given how important Critical Chance is to Resistance Trooper. I would suggest using a set of CC and CD mods until you reach Gear 13 for Resistance Trooper, then consider a switch away from the CC mods as you increase Resistance Trooper’s Relic levels in SWGoH. Maxed out at Relic 7, RT has over 89% CC, so there is little need for much more Crit Chance when you get him ready for the Galactic Legend event to unlock the 2020 version of Rey.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Resistance Trooper:
The Resistance Trooper is one of the more straight-forward characters in terms of mods needed to maximize effectiveness with RJT as his leader. Here is my recommended mod setup, keeping in mind the CC mods up to Gear 13 and the Health or Potency mods once Relics come into play.
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance (Health/Potency at Gear 13+) mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on critical chance, potency, health and offense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on critical chance, offense, potency, health and speed
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on Critical Damage and a secondary focus on offense and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Damage mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance (Health/Potency at Gear 13+) mod with a primary focus on health or offense and a secondary focus on offense, critical chance, potency & health/protection