Welcome to another article in our series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for SWGoH’s Phoenix characters and all of the game’s toons. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is Phoenix Squadron droid C1-10P, better known as Chopper. Owned by the Phoenix Squadron leader Hera Syndulla, the Clone Wars era C1 astromech is one of the stars of the Star Wars Rebels series and appears briefly in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Main Focus: The key to Chopper in SWGoH is survivability – thus health, protection and defense. For the main focus we want to key in on health and protection, as he gains protection on the Metal Menace special and his unique, Maintenance Protocols, sees Chopper recover 15% of his max health at the start of his turn and he gains 15% protection up if he does not have it already. Thus, if both numbers are higher, you will maximize the impact of the unique ability.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed and Defense. Speed is a focus simply because you must have speed on your characters to be effective. Defense is here because Chopper taunts and keeping him alive to protect his Phoenix Squadron teammates is the key to success with this group when Chopper is used. Now that Mods 2.0 has arrived the value of Defense mods is much higher, so I would suggest at least one set of two Defense mods.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Defense.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Chopper:
Because they are a great fit for Chopper and more readily available in SWGoH, I am choosing to go with 2 sets of 2 Health mods and a set of 2 Defense mods to gain as much survivability as possible for C1-10P. Thus, here is my preferred mod setup for Chopper:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with +30 speed primary – if you don’t have enough speed primaries to go around, a health mod with a defense primary is not a bad second option
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a focus on speed, tenacity and health
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Defense mod with health primary and a focus on tenacity, defense, speed and protection
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Defense mod with health or protection primary and a focus on defense, speed, health and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with health or defense primary and a focus on speed, tenacity and protection