Welcome to the Best Mods for Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca – the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations based on the character’s kit and actual gameplay to help you in your quest to dominate the Galaxy of Heroes holotables.
Today’s character to review mods for is one of the most well-known heroes of the Star Wars saga – Chewbacca, only now in his “Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca” form. This version of Chewie was designed to be “excellent in Territory Battles, where they (Veteran Smugglers Han Solo & Chewie) are able to really shine.” Of course the real reason they were added was to squeeze more out of the whales in SWGoH as they were needed to unlock Rey (Jedi Training) and have both been announced as required for the Galactic Legend events to unlock the 2020 version of Rey and Kylo Ren. Let’s take a look at the best mods for VS Chewbacca below.
Main Focus: Speed. Speed is the one constant in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes – without it you cannot be competitive 99% of the time. Veteran Smuggler Chewie is the slowest of all of the Chewbaccas in SWGoH, which is saying a lot given how slow Clone Wars Chewbacca is, but that 122 base Speed will have to be upped to make him more valuable as an attacker.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense and survivability – specifically Health. Potency will boost the chances to land debuffs, specifically Daze, when using the Explosive Bolts basic attack and the Stun and Speed Down debuffs on his Furious Blow special attack. CC and CD are both important, and potentially game-changing, thanks to his Partner in Crime unique which grants him +25% CC and a stacking +20% CD when Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca takes damage. Note that VS Chewie maxes out at just 51% Physical CC once his Relic is reaches level 7 (and I do not recommend maxing hi Relic out as this character is not worth the investment), and with the +25% he is still only at about 76% overall. Offense will complement the CC and CD and help the stacking Offense from his Let the Rookie Win unique stack higher. Finally, survivability of all kinds – Defense, Health and Protection – but specifically in the form of Health, is important to keep him alive longer and play off of his +50% Health Steal from the Partner in Crime unique.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Damage & Critical Chance. No disagreement here, although high Speed, Health and Potency is a must from the secondary mod stats. If you are struggling to find a CC set with the secondaries listed above, consider a Health or Potency mod set in place of CC.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca:
I recommend the use of four Critical Damage and two Critical Chance mods on Chewie with as much Speed, Health and Potency as possible. As mentioned above, if you are struggling to find a CC set with the secondaries listed above, consider a Health or Potency mod set instead. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on health, potency, offense and critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Chance/Potency/Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance or offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance or offense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance/Potency/Health with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and potency
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on potency and a secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg