Welcome to the latest article in a series about Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for individual characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for will be Nightsister Acolyte, one of the two original nameless Nightsisters. The October 2017 Nightsisters rework certainly made Nightsister Acolyte more viable, and with Stealth her offense is quite good. Interestingly enough Nightsisters Acolyte was replaced by Talia in Phase 4 of the HSTR for a while and by Nightsister Spirit in 5v5 GAC and Territory War play and only recently made a small comeback in 3v3 Grand Arena Championships play. Let’s take a look at which mods to use to maximize her kit and damage output.
Main Focus: Every character needs Speed in this game and Nightsister Acolyte joins the rest of the SWGoH universe. Her base Speed is on the high end – 167 – so building on this and getting her over 250 should not be a focus if a strong NA is an important part of your Nightsister team.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense & survivability. Nightsister Acolyte’s special, Sacrificial Magicks, benefits greatly from high CC as a critical hit grants her 30% Turn Meter, dispels all debuffs on a random Nightsister ally and gains 20% Critical Damage for each active Nightsister ally and each debuffed enemy. Her unique, Thrill of Victory, grants her +25% CC and she recovers 20% Health on each critical hit, plus she has +50% Offense when in Stealth. As a result, high CC, CD and Offense should all be a major focus. Outside of CC/CD, any survivability in the forms of Health first, then Protection and Defense will help keep her alive longer.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Critical Chance & Critical Damage. No strong disagreement here except that Speed should be the main focus. There are no major Turn Meter gains in her kit and she is already rather fast, so building on this is wise.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Nightsister Acolyte:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. As I mentioned above, Nightsister Acolyte has a kit that demands crazy high Critical Chance, and anytime you have high CC you want to boost the CD number so the hits hit harder. While some may prefer a CD set, I lean toward more Speed instead, so here are the best mod options for the Nightsister Acolyte:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection or critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed/Critical Damage with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on critical chance, health, offense and protection
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on critical chance OR critical damage and a secondary focus on speed, offense, health and critical chance
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed/Critical Damage mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, offense, critical chance and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance mod with a primary focus on health or offense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, protection and defense