Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is the star of Solo: A Star Wars Story – Young Han Solo. While there are similarities to the other Han Solos in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, this version of Han has a new buff called Prepared that appears to build a nice synergy between Young Han Solo, Vandor Chewbacca and others who have yet to be added from the new movie. Let’s take a look at the early thoughts on the best mods for Young Han Solo.
Main Focus: Speed is the necessary evil in SWGoH, but Young Han Solo is one of those characters that just does not need a huge Speed number to be effective. I have tested him out in a most areas of the game and his value seems to come from his Ready for Anything unique – “While Prepared, Han has 70% chance to Assist another Scoundrel ally’s attack during their turn.” Add in his Upper Hand special ability which not only gives him +50 Speed (stacking up to +200), but also grants him Retribution for 2 turns, and Protection Up of 100%. As he gains Protection from his Just In Time special, so it would be wise to make Protection your biggest area of focus.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Offense and more Survivability. Since Han’s going to take some hits, additional survivability in the forms of Health and Defense are a good move. Like the other Hans in the game, high CC and CD will make him hit harder as will additional offense, but factor in that under a Qi’ra lead all scoundrels get 20% extra CC. His Ready for Anything unique adds stacking +10% Offense and CC until the end of the battle meaning that this is a character that has potential for huge numbers in long battles like HAAT and the HSTR.
Territory Wars April 2019 Bonus: For April 2019 there will be two Territory Wars events with all five Han Solo characters in-game receiving “bonus abilities” in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. For YOLO, he will have “+50% Offense, and other Han allies have +35% chance to assist other Han allies while Young Han is active (limit once per Han per turn).” As a result, if you keep Young Han alive he is going to call teammate to assist quite often, and given the high Offense, CC and CD of Raid Han Solo and Veteran Han Solo and Young Han, this team should score some big hits.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Offense & Critical Chance. No disagreement here – his kit could also prompt higher Health or Critical Damage, but Offense and CC are a good route given how he is built.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Young Han Solo:
I recommend the use of two Critical Chance and four Critical Damage or Offense mods on Young Han with solid Speed, but the major secondary stat focus on Protection. While a set of four Offense mods are also an option to consider, I like the CD mods better. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on Young Han Solo:
- Transmitter (Square) – Critical Damage/Offense mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus, but a high protection stat is preferred. NOTE: YHS is a character where that rare arrow with a Protection or Offense primary and a double digit Speed could work out well.
- Processor (Diamond) – Critical Damage/Offense mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Critical Damage/Offense mod with focus on Critical Damage – any other stats gained are a bonus, but a high protection stat is preferred
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Critical Chance mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Damage/Offense mod with primary focus on offense or protection and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, offense and protection
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg