While it is nearly a mirror image of Conquest 7, the new Conquest season 8 event is upon us. Once again, I wanted to take a moment to help the readers understand some of the Feats and/or simply better define them. While this is common sense to some when they read the Feat requirements, we have a player base that is full of busy people and, as I have said before, sometimes we fail to really read and review the details. Below are some quick tips to help you out in the September 2021 Conquest season (aka Conquest #8) in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. I promise to keep updating this as I progress through this Conquest event as well.
Note to Google. It is my apology that this content is nearly identical to the Conquest 7 article as you, and our readers, may notice a lot of copy and paste from the Conquest 7 Quick Tips article. This is because the developer of this billion dollar game changed very little from the last Conquest to this one. Honestly, it is borderline insulting especially given how much this community puts into Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, but this is also the sad reality of how EA Capital Games runs SWGoH and there is no reason to expect better given we keep coming back and spending our money…
Conquest 8 Event Feats
Many of the Event Feats are self explanatory, like win without a tank in your squad or defeat 500 enemies. A few to take note of:
- Nightbrother – This requires you to win 20 battles with both Darth Maul and Savage Opress (not OR) to start the battle. Winning with just one of them on your team will not work, but they do not need to live through the battle to count it for you.
- That’ll Leave a Mark – Gaining Offense Up 500 times is no east feat, so be sure to use characters who apply the Offense Up buff. There are 42 characters who apply Offense Up in the game, but popular choices would be Bastila Shan, BB-8, Bossk, Chewbacca, Dark Trooper, Emperor Palpatine, General Veers, Grand Master Yoda, Greef Karga, Hunter, Jedi Knight Anakin, Old Data, Rey (Jedi Training), Shaak Ti and more.
Conquest 8 – Notable Sector 1 Feats
- Kalikori – Defeating 30 units with the Phoenix Squadron had me worried at first since I do not have many Relics on this faction, but you do not need a full team off Phoenix members to trigger the count for the feat. Thus, my Relic 2 Ezra Bridger was a fine addition to a Jedi lineup and I found that burst attacks, where allies are called to assist, seem to count as kills as well.
Conquest 8 – Notable Sector 2 Feats
- Blinding Assault – Blind is another debuff that is limited to only a few characters in SWGoH. Look to use Jedi Knight Luke, Mission Vao, Sun Fac or Threepio & Chewie to inflict the Blind debuff on enemies. (NOTE: This Feat was not properly tracking when using JKLS in Conquest 7 and was addressed by the fans on the EA Capital Games forums. Supposedly these items are now tracking correctly.)
Conquest – Notable Sector 3 Feats
- Clumsy – Evasion Down is another debuff that is limited in the number of characters who can apply it. They include Amilyn Holdo, Bastila Shan (Fallen), Bodhi Rook, Old Ben Kenobi, Sith Assassin, and Zam Wesell.
- Relentless Fury – Frenzy is a buff that is exclusive to Bossk and Bistan, and this is basically a way to (try to) force players to use the consumables in this game mode.
Conquest – Notable Sector 4 Feats
- Reeling Blow – Applying Stagger is the key to this Feat and 13 different characters can apply the Stagger debuff. Most notable in that group are BSF, Colonel Starck, Jango Fett, Resistance Hero Poe, Sabine Wren & Sun Fac.
- Evasive Movement – The Evasion Up buff is only sourced from three characters – Han Solo, Hunter and Luminara Unduli.
Conquest – Notable Sector 5 Feats
- Reeling Blow – Inflicting Daze is the key here and 27 characters can apply Daze including Admiral Piett, BB-8, Darth Maul, Darth Traya, Death Trooper, Enfys Nest, General Skywalker, Greef Karga, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Lord Vader, Moff Gideon, Resistance Hero Poe, Rey (Jedi Training), Sun Fac and more. A combination of characters that has worked very well for me has been a Lord Vader lead with Piett, Darth Vader and at least one tank (Shoretrooper and RG work well) as both Piett and LV can apply 5 Daze debuffs apiece making this Feat much easier to accomplish quickly.
- Marked for Death – Deathmark is not a common debuff in SWGoH and Death Trooper is the lone character with an attack that applies Deathmark. However, the leadership of Darth Revan can also apply it, so these are your two options for this Feat. (NOTE: This Feat did not track properly when using Darth Revan in Conquest 7, but this has been addressed and Capital Games has stated that it is tracking properly this time.)
Originally Published: September 20, 2021