The Black & Ebony Legendary event in Marvel Strike Force takes place for the first time in May 2020 that requires 5 Inhuman characters to unlock Ebony Maw, who opens at 5-stars (310 shards). You must beat all lower tiers before advancing to the next tier level. Legendary Character Events typically occur every 2-3 months and take place for 7 days initially and 3 days when they return.
Opening Legendary characters is always important for competitive players and fans alike in Marvel Strike Force, and Ebony Maw will be a fantastic addition to any roster to round out the Black Order faction. Below I will chronicle what it takes for me to advance forward and eventually open Ebony Maw knowing that I will have to wait until the second time around to unlock this Cosmic, Villain and Black Order member.
My Roster of Inhumans:
- Quake – 7 stars, 4 red stars – Level 70, Gear 13 +0 pieces, 66,486 power, Abilities 7-6-6-4
- Ms. Marvel – 7 stars, 3 red stars – Level 74, Gear 13 +2 pieces, 63,764 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Black Bolt – 5 stars, 3 red stars, 0/200 – Level 75, Gear 10 +1 pieces, 47,035 power, Abilities 7-6-6-5
- Karnak – 4 stars, 4 red stars, 18/130 – Level 65, Gear 11 +0 pieces, 44,397 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Crystal – 5 stars, 4 red stars, 54/80 – Level 65, Gear 9 +2 pieces, 37,922 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Yo-yo – 3 stars, 2 red stars, 22/80 – Level 65, Gear 9 +2 pieces, 27,971 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
Tier 1 – Using Ms. Marvel, Crystal, Black Bolt, Yo-Yo and Karnak, this battle is about getting to see Ebony Maw and have him join in after the weak MM provided dies off. While I take some damage, this battle is not a challenge. 15 Ebony Maw shards are your reward.
Tier 2 – This battle actually uses my roster’s characters – Ms. Marvel, Crystal, Black Bolt, Quake and Karnak with Ebony Maw joining to fight. 15 enemies are in the way, but this battle has stages and target SHIELD characters to eliminate, but this battle is a breeze. 30 Ebony Maw shards, 750 Mega Orb Fragments and 1,000 Gold are your reward.
Tier 3 – The same 6 that were used in Tier 2 will face 10 enemies. Like the previous battle, this one is no challenge at the levels I have my characters (mentioned above). 55 Ebony Maw shards, 750 Mega Orb Fragments and 20k Gold are your reward.
Tier 4 – The same starting 5 that were used in Tiers 2 and 3 are up as Yo-yo is no longer eligible to fight. Facing 10 enemies with a team at 259k power, Ebony Maw once again joins to help. It is clear that these enemies are stronger based on their health bars, and I take out Captain Marvel first and then chop down the trees one by one. 80 Ebony Maw shards, 2k Mega Orb Fragments and 100k Gold are your reward for this win.