The Surgical S.T.R.I.K.E. event in Marvel Strike Force took place for the first time in September 2020 that requires 5 X-Force characters to unlock Doctor Octopus, who opens at 5-stars (310 shards). You must beat all lower tiers before advancing to the next tier level. Legendary Character Events typically occur every 2-3 months and take place for 7 days initially and 3 days when they return.
Opening Legendary characters is always important for competitive players and fans alike in Marvel Strike Force, and Doctor Octopus looks to be fantastic addition to any roster. Below I will chronicle what it takes for me to advance forward and eventually open Doctor Octopus knowing that I will have to wait until the second time around to unlock this Spider-Verse Villain. Note that this is an ongoing battle over many months, so it will be updated whenever the Surgical S.T.R.I.K.E. event returns to allow me to upgrade the stars on Doctor Octopus.
My Roster of X-Force:
- Cable – 7 stars, 5 red stars – Level 75, Gear 12 +2 pieces, 75,101 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- Deadpool – 7 stars, 4 red stars – Level 75, Gear 13 +1 piece, 71,871 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4
- X-23 – 5 stars, 4 red stars, 75/200 – Level 75, Gear 12 +4 pieces, 62,910 power, Abilities 6-6-6-5
- Domino – 5 stars, 4 red stars, 74/200 – Level 75, Gear 12 +1 piece, 59,485 power, Abilities 6-6-6-5
- Negasonic – 4 stars, 4 red stars, 47/130 – Level 75, Gear 12 +0 pieces, 55,765 power, Abilities 6-6-6-5
Tier 1 – Using SHIELD characters, this battle is all about adding the S.T.R.I.K.E. forces to help out. Once they arrive you get to familiarize yourself with the new Sinister Six and this battle is not a challenge. 15 Doctor Octopus shards and 100 gold are my reward.
Tier 2 – My X-Force characters now come into play and they check in at 325k power. At these gear levels (12+) I absolutely dominate the 10 enemies making this battle a piece of cake. 30 Doctor Octopus shards, 750 Mega Orb Fragments and 1,000 gold are my reward.
Tier 3 – Facing 13 enemies with the goal of defeating the enemy operators, this is once again an incredibly easy battle for characters at these gear levels. 55 Doctor Octopus shards, 1,250 Mega Orb Fragments and 20k gold are my reward.
Tier 4 – Tier 4 sees me facing 12 enemies which are a mix of Hydra with two Star-Lords and a Black Bolt. While these enemies do not die as fast, Negasonic’s AoE clears the first wave before two final waves of three attack as reinforcements. Again, no challenge. 80 Doctor Octopus shards, 2k Mega Orb Fragments and 100k gold are my reward.
That is all I will be able to do for now as Negasonic is easily strong enough, but only at 4-stars and 47/130. I will resume the walkthrough of my experience in a few months when the Surgical S.T.R.I.K.E. event returns to Marvel Strike Force.
The second Surgical S.T.R.I.K.E. event began on January 11, 2021 and I am finally ready to unlock Doc Oc.
My Roster of X-Force Characters:
- Cable – 7 stars, 5 red stars – Level 75, Gear 12 +4 pieces, 78,805 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4, Level 1 Striker
- Deadpool – 7 stars, 4 red stars – Level 75, Gear 13 +3 pieces, 77,433 power, Abilities 6-6-6-4, Level 1 Raider
- X-23 – 6 stars, 4 red stars, 209/300 – Level 75, Gear 14 +0 pieces, 93,778 power, Abilities 6-7-7-5, Level 4 Striker
- Domino – 6 stars, 4 red stars, 83/300 – Level 75, Gear 12 +3 pieces, 67,634 power, Abilities 6-6-6-5, Level 2 Skirmisher
- Negasonic – 5 stars, 4 red stars, 83/200 – Level 75, Gear 12 +3 pieces, 63,947 power, Abilities 6-6-6-5
Tier 5 – Tier 5 is the unlock tier and my 381k power X-Force face off with 14 total enemies with Doctor Octopus joining me in the fight. The goal is to defeat the enemy operators in this battle, and in my easy clearing of the first 7 enemies it is clear that I will not have any trouble with a team with this much power. When I get to the final 6 enemis, 3 are enemy operators so I just kill them and win the battle before the final 2 enemies are done.