Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for is one of the better known characters from the Clone Wars and later the Rebels series (and possibly on Endor…) – Captain Rex, aka CT-7567. A Captain in the Republic’s 501st Legion during the Clone Wars, for the purpose of SWGoH, Rex is a solid leader and fits with a variety of squad combinations.
Main Focus: Speed. Rex’s main use is in the Arena and few characters are as annoying to face as a team with a fast Rex. Having a very high Speed number – 220 or higher – will often have him going first and granting Tenacity Up on all allies thus negating Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine and even Commander Luke Skywalker debuffs.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency and survivability, specifically in the form of Health. Potency helps his basic, Impeding Shot, remove Turn Meter. Any additional survivability will make Rex harder to kill, but if used as a Leader I recommend you focus on Health since his Leader ability grants Clone allies 20% Max Health.
One thing to note, even though I never recommend Critical Avoidance mods on any character in SWGoH, it would be even worse of a move to use a Crit Avoidance primary arrow on Rex or anyone under his leadership given critical hits actually grant Rex and Clone allies Turn Meter.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH CT-7567 Rex:
I recommend the use of two Potency and four Health mods on Rex with as much Speed as possible. Thus, here is my recommended approach for mods on CT-7567 Captain Rex:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on defense, speed, health and potency
- Receiver (Arrow) – Potency mod with +30 speed primary – any other stats gained are a bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, health, offense and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, protection and potency
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with +24% potency – any other stats gained are a bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg