Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
The Imperial Probe Droid, made available to me via EA’s SWGoH GameChangers program, is the ROLO-equivalent in Dark Side Territory Battles, aka Imperial Retaliation. Much like ROLO, who has a kit that is great for the Light Side Territory Battles event, Rebel Assault, the Imperial Probe Droid tests out very well in the Imperial Retaliation game mode. The ability to use the Detect special as an AoE dispel is fantastic, and then place a Target Lock debuff on each enemy is awesome, and a chance to Expose on the basis attack is a nice touch as well. Let’s take a look at the best mods for the Imperial Probe Droid for SWGoH play.
Main Mods Focus: Speed is pretty much always the biggest focus in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, however the Imperial Probe Droid gains Turn Meter at the end of each Droid or Empire ally’s turn or at the end of each Rebel enemy’s turn. Thus, Speed is important but not the main focus making Potency the main stat to work on. Landing the Expose from his basic and the Target Lock on the Detect special are the keys to success for IPD, so be sure to get a cross/plus with +24% Potency and solid Potency from the secondary stats of your other mods as well.
Additional Areas to Focus: Speed, Health, Offense, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. While it depends on how you plan to use the Imperial Probe Droid, some early tests from other GameChangers have seen success in the Squad Arena with Emperor Palpatine and Deathtrooper utilizing Palpatine’s Let The Hate Flow special to drain 5% Health from the Imperial Probe Droid then allow it to Self-Destruct and remove an enemy while hurting all others. In this scenario, Offense, CC and CD can help the AoE attack of the Self-Destruct hit the other enemies harder. Whether you like this tactic or not, Health is an area of emphasis with the Imperial Probe Droid which checks off the survivability box. IPD also has +50% Health from its Imperial Logistics unique, so adding more Health is icing on the cake.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Imperial Probe Droid:
I recommend the use of a two Potency sets (4 Potency mods) and a Health set (2 Health mods). A +30 speed arrow and +24 potency cross/plus would both be recommended. Note that under an Emperor Palpatine lead all Empire allies gain 32% Potency, so you can adjust your mods according to how you plan to use the Imperial Probe Droid in combat. Here are my recommendations for the Best Mods for the Imperial Probe Droid in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with focus on offense and secondary focus on speed, health, critical chance and offense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with focus on defense and secondary focus on speed, potency, health and offense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with +36% critical damage
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with focus on health and secondary focus on speed, protection, critical chance and offense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus (if using a leader who gives a large Potency increase like Emperor Palpatine, a primary focus on Health or Offense would be appropriate here in place of +24% Potency)
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg