Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be the Bounty Hunter Bossk. Likely the most valuable Bounty Hunter in SWGoH, Bossk was the first taunting tank in the Bounty Hunter faction. With the addition of new Bounty Hunters Greef Karga and The Mandalorian to the game in April 2020 the entire Bounty Hunter faction will undoubtedly begin to shift a bit. Let’s take a look at the best practices to mod Bossk for the most effectiveness in the game today.
Main Focus: Speed. Bounty Hunters, with a few different squad makeups, are commonly used in both Territory Wars and the Grand Arena Championships on defense. The most effective of those teams, from my experience, has a very tanky and very fast Bossk. So while survivability must be a major focus of Bossk, having a very fast Bossk who taunts before an enemy can reduce his TM or place Ability Block on him (RJT) is going to be highly effective.
Additional Areas to Focus: Survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense as well as Tenacity, Critical Chance and Critical Damage. Bossk’s basic, Prey On The Weak, deals double damage when you target the weakest enemy and is a guaranteed Critical Hit, so adding Critical Damage will only make this hit harder, but note that Bossk has the second lowest Max Damage stat in SWGoH of all Bounty Hunters, so do not waste valuable resources trying to make him an offensive threat. Survivability is always essential for a tank, and given many have a high Relic Bossk due to the value of the Hound’s Tooth as well, further enhancing his Defense, Heath and Protection is a very wise move. His Trandoshan Rage unique grants him +50% Defense and +50% Max Health while he has Taunt, so beef both of these stats. Bossk also receives 5% Health and 5% Protection at the start of his turn and 2.5% of both when a Bounty Hunter ally starts a turn whenever he receives reward from a Contract per his Bossk’s Payout unique. Added Tenacity will also help Bossk avoid Ability Block, Shock and Buff Immunity and ensure he is even more effective in protecting his Bounty Hunter allies.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Defense. No disagreement here as this is the exact combo I am recommending above.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Bossk:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways, but apparently Capital Games agrees with my assessment given they recommend Speed and Defense. I would not suggest a Speed set of four mods, but rather a blend of Defense, Health and/or Tenacity mods. Here are my recommendations for mods on Bossk in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health/Defense mod with offense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health/Defense mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, protection, defense and critical chance or tenacity
- Processor (Diamond) – Health/Defense/Tenacity mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection or tenacity
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health/Defense mod with health or defense primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection or tenacity
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health/Defense mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection or tenacity
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health/Defense/Tenacity mod with health, defense or tenacity primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, defense and protection or critical chance