Welcome to the Scourge of the Old Republic Ancient Journey Live Blog from Gaming-fans.com. Below, we will live blog the experiences of our Content Director, LJ, as he battles his way through the Darth Revan event, the Ancient Journey called the Scourge of the Old Republic. Just like his other live blogs, the goal of this is to help players better understand the requirements of each Tier of the event as they work toward unlocking Darth Revan. Feel free to follow along and refresh this page often on Thursday, March 21st, as LJ looks to add Darth Revan to his personal (whale) account. Feel free to add your comments below or Tweet them to @GamingFansDFN on your experiences as well.
03.23.19 – We will not be able to go live on this event due to the timing. As has happened many times in the past with the monthly events calendar, LJ cleared his entire calendar and scheduled business and personal life around this game. However the timing is not going to work out this time as he will instead post notes from his battles after the fact, later in the day on the 25th. We apologize for the inconvenience as this would have been a live blog had the event then place at any time Thursday or Friday as originally announced and advertised.
03.25.19 – We are going forward with the live blog at 4:50 pm ET.
Scourge of the Old Republic – Attempt #1
First off, all of this will take place on my personal account, not the GameChangers account for reference. I have been hoarding gear in anticipation of needing higher gear levels on the five characters needed, but I am hoping that the gear I already have on them will be enough. I currently have over 100 Zeta materials, 70+ Omega materials, hundreds of Mod Slicing materials, 250+ Carbantis and much, much more saved up. I will try to detail everything below including mods as we at Gaming-fans.com are happy to assist if you need help modding SWGoH characters, however I do not have my top-tier mods on each of these characters as I use them in the Grand Arena and Territory Wars, but obviously not in the Arena. All five characters are 7-stars and level 85 at the time of the event.
- Carth Onasi (Leader) – GP 19,335 – Gear 11 w/5 pieces – 4 Offense & 2 CC mods, all with 5-dots (1 green, 2 purple and 3 gold) – Speed 239, Health 18,774, Potency 45.9%, CC 54.43%, CD 186% – Zeta on Leader ability, all abilities maxed
- Bastila Shan (Fallen) – GP 18,646 – Gear 12 w/2 pieces – 4 Speed & 2 Potency mods with 5-dots (6 gold) – Speed 230, Potency 102.59%, CD 186% – all abilities max except Sith Apprentice at level 7
- Canderous Ordo – GP 17,418 – Gear 12 w/0 pieces – 4 Offense & 2 Potency mods with 5-dots (1 purple, 5 gold) – Speed 204, Health 27,251, Potency 50.93%, Damage 3,634, CD 186% – all abilities max except I Like a Challenge at level 7
- HK-47 – GP 17,860 – Gear 12 w/3 pieces – 4 CD & 2 CC mods, all with 5-dots (3 blue, 3 purple) – Speed 186, CC 45.25%, CD 180%, Potency 76.51% – three new abilities at level 1 (forgot to upgrade)
- Juhani – GP 17,101 – Gear 11 w/5 pieces – 4 Health & 2 CC mods, all with 5-dots (1 blue, 4 purple, 1 gold) – Speed 151, Health 31,931, CC 49.33%, Armor 37.59% – all abilities max except Cathar Resilience at level 7
March 25th @ 4:50 pm ET
Follow my progress throughout the event below.
Tier I – Facing off in the Arena on Taris from Knights of the Old Republic, (Darth) Revan, known as “Mysterious Stranger,” faces two Arena Combatants before Bendak Starkiller. Defeating Starkiller advances you to Tier II.
Tier II – Using Carth, BSF, Canderous and Darth Revan, you face Juhani and get 55 shards as well as some solid Rancor gear for winning.
Tier III – Using Carth, BSF, Canderous, Juhani, HK-47 and Darth Revan, we see Revan arrive at the Star Forge then the 5 face off with a Cartel Bruiser & Saboteur and Calo Nord. The opponents are tough, they killed Juhani on my team, but I walked away with an easy win. Rewards included HAAT gear.
Tier IV – Using Carth, BSF, Canderous, Juhani, HK-47 and Darth Revan you face the spirit of a Sith Lord named Ajunta Pall. The battle turned out to be easier than the previous one for me.
Tier V – Using Carth, BSF, Canderous, Juhani, HK-47 and Darth Revan we now see several old Sith warriors and four phases of battle. Phase 2 has droids and Sith warriors and Phase 3 is a harder version of Phase 1. Phase 4 is an all out Assault Droid attack which is really cool looking, but the Assault Droid Mk I is incredibly durable. At my current gear and mod status I am not having luck against the Assault Droid Mk I so I am going to up some mods on my offensive characters and try again.
- Carth Onasi (Leader) – GP 19,848 – Gear 12 w/0 pieces – 4 Offense & 2 CC mods, all with 5-dots (6 gold) – Speed 239, Health 21,992, Potency 45.9%, CC 54.47%, CD 186% – Zeta on Leader ability, all abilities maxed
- Bastila Shan (Fallen) – GP 18,691 – Gear 12 w/2 pieces – 4 Speed & 2 Potency mods, 5 with 5-dots (all gold) and 1 with 6-dots – Speed 238, Potency 105.38%, CD 186% – all abilities max except Sith Apprentice at level 7
- Canderous Ordo – GP 17,487 – Gear 12 w/0 pieces – 4 Offense & 2 Potency mods, 5 with 5-dots (all gold) and 1 with 6-dots – Speed 220, Health 29,703, Potency 51.53%, Damage 3,634, CD 186% – all abilities max except I Like a Challenge at level 7
- HK-47 – GP 19,077 – Gear 12 w/3 pieces – 4 CD & 2 CC mods, all with 5-dots (6 purple) – Speed 186, CC 45.25%, CD 180%, Potency 78.51% – new abilities level 7
- Juhani – GP 17,196 – Gear 11 w/5 pieces – 4 Health & 2 CC mods, all with 5-dots (2 purple, 4 gold) – Speed 161, Health 29,729, Protection 4,635, CC 50.81%, Armor 41.05% – all abilities max except Cathar Resilience at level 7
Tier V – That darn Assault Droid Mk I continued to be a pain in the butt, but my team was strong enough with some mod upgrades and and few changes.
Tier VI – This battle uses Darth Revan as the Leader with Juhani and Jolee Bindo as you face Bastila Shan (Fallen) with two Assault Droid Mk IV. BSF is VERY strong and took out my Jolee, but I got the win. 55 shards and 5 Zeta mats are the reward.
Tier VII – The final Tier of this event uses Darth Revan, T3-M4, HK-47, BSF and Canderous as we face the Light Side Old Republic characters Carth Onasi, Juhani, Mission Vao, Zaalbar and Jolee Bindo. I lost T3 and Canderous early but started to take out my opponents. In the end I had Darth Revan and BSF left against Mission Vao and the 2 on 1 proved to be all I needed for the win.