The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) is the latest Hero’s Journey event in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and our Director of Content, will live blog his efforts. Much like his live blogs and walkthroughs of previous SWGoH events, LJ will detail the character levels, gear levels, mods, mod types and mod levels for each of the five characters used in the event to unlock The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor), a character who opens at 7-stars.
The Mandalorian’s Hero’s Journey
I start the event before I have IG-11 and Kuiil at 7-stars. While I will have them there before the end of the “easy” farm via Cantina nodes, I am starting the live blog/walkthrough and will continue it once all characters are at 7-stars.
Characters for The Mandalorian’s Hero’s Journey in SWGoH:
- Greef Karga – GP 27,423 – Gear 13, Relic 3 – Speed & Tenacity sets – Speed 277 – 52k health, 68k protection – all abilities maxed
- The Mandalorian – GP 23,277 – Gear 13, Relic 2 – Critical Damage & Critical Chance sets – Speed 254 – 4,766 Physical Damage, 76.95% CC, 219% CD
- Cara Dune – GP 16,824 – Gear 11 +3 pieces – 2 Health sets & 1 Defense set – Speed 242 – 26k health, 61k protection – all abilities maxed except unique (no zeta)
- Kuiil – 6-stars, GP 14,853 – Gear 11 +3 pieces – Speed & Potency sets – Speed 262 – Potency 49.7% – all abilities maxed except unique (no zeta)
- IG-11 – 6-stars, GP 13,006 – Gear 9 +5 pieces – 3 Health sets – Speed 206 – 28k health, 24k protection – all abilities maxed except unique (no zeta)
Tier I – Tier 1 has you fight using The Mandalorian and IG-11. I use IG-11’s AoE to start and he kills all but two of the enemies as the first wave of enemies is easy. The second wave is also easy but you get to use the canon shown in the first Episode of the series and then take out the door to “acquire the asset.”
Tier II – Using just The Mandalorian in his initial form, my 23k Mando faces off with the Mudhorn which is not much of a contest despite its dodges. However the cinematic side of things for this battle are fantastic; a perfect replication of the episode where Mando faces the Mudhorn in season 1 and Grogu saves him.
Tier III – This battle has you using the Beskar Armor version of Mando and allows the user to test out how he works without facing a difficult battle. It has 3 waves of enemies and is very easy.
Tier IV – This battle has a supplied Mando in Beskar Armor plus Cara Dune and features two waves of enemies, again as a direct replication of scenes from Season 1. Again this is no challenge.
Tier V – Using Kuiil by himself facing two Scout Troopers – JS-1975 and AP-1982. You fight these two until Kuiil can make his story and to protect The Child at all costs.
Characters for Tier VI of The Mandalorian’s Hero’s Journey in SWGoH:
- Greef Karga – GP 27,468 – Gear 13, Relic 3 – Speed & Tenacity sets – Speed 278 – 59k health, 67k protection – Abilities level 8-8-8-8-8
- The Mandalorian – GP 23,277 – Gear 13, Relic 2 – Critical Damage & Critical Chance sets – Speed 254 – 4,766 Physical Damage, 76.95% CC, 219% CD – Abilities level 8-8-7-8-8
- Cara Dune – GP 16,824 – Gear 11 +3 pieces – 2 Health sets & 1 Defense set – Speed 242 – 26k health, 61k protection – Abilities level 8-8-8-7
- Kuiil – GP 17,652 – Gear 12 +1 piece – Speed & Potency sets – Speed 265 – Potency 49.7% – Abilities level 8-8-8-7
- IG-11 – GP 17,418 – Gear 12 +0 pieces – 3 Health sets – Speed 232 – 37k health, 50k protection – Abilities level 8-8-8-7
Tier VI – This can only be fought with your characters at 7-stars, and I have all of my characters ready on January 30th ay 9:30 pm ET.
The battle requires the event unit, Mando in Beskar Armor, along with Greef Karga, IG-11 and Cara Dune. My team checks in at 84k power. Facing Moff Gideon, two Death Troopers, two Stormtroopers and and Incinerator Trooper, I use the AoE attacks from Cara and IG-11, cleanse with Greef, and then the Whistling Birds from Mando to take out one Stormtrooper and weaken the other. I then work on the Death Troopers, as the other Stormtrooper dies with Cara’s next AoE. Just as I think I am in good shape to finish this thing off, Moff Gideon summons more Stormtroopers, all of whom taunt. I continue to hammer them with AoE attacks until Moff Gideon is down to 1 health and the battle is won.