Welcome to the best mods for Hondo Ohnaka, latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every character I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review is Hondo Ohnaka, an October 2022 addition to SWGoH leading up the the next big thing in the game. In SWGoH, Hondo is the first Neutral character we have seen, while also having the Support, Scoundrel and Smuggler tags. Let’s take a look at what mods to use on Hondo Ohnaka to maximize him on your roster.
Main Focus: Speed. While a base Speed of 139 is nothing to be excited about given it is ~50 lower than recent additions Boushh Leia, Admiral Raddus and Seventh Sister, it is the Turn Meter gains, Counter Chance and Speed gains in Hondo’s kit that justify a serious look at a set of four Speed mods.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Potency, Tenacity and survivability in the forms of Health, Protection and Defense. While Health is likely the most important of these additional areas to focus on through mods and mod stats, Hondo benefits greatly from all three main survivability types. Hondo Ohnaka has 100% Health steal and recovers Health and Protection when he gets to +15 and +20 stacks of Ransom, respectively. Note all Protection Up add-ons are Health-based given this is how that stat works in SWGoH. Potency is key for helping Hondo’s consistent Turn Meter manipulation and Tenacity will help keep Ability Block off of him so that he can use this interesting kit against his enemies.
In-game Mod Suggestions: Speed & Health. It is hard to see reason to disagree so soon after he has been released. If this needs to be revised I will gladly check back in and make update.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Hondo Ohnaka:
As mentioned above, Speed and Health are both quite important to Hondo’s kit although a Potency or Tenacity set could replace the Health set if you have some great secondary stats. Here are my thoughts on the best mods for Hondo Ohnaka in SWGoH:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health, protection and/or defense
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with a primary focus on speed and a secondary focus on potency, tenacity, offense and health, protection or defense
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, potency, health, protection and/or defense
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed mod with a primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and health, protection or defense
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed mod with primary focus on health and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and health, protection or defense
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed mod with primary focus on health, potency or tenacity and a secondary focus on speed, potency, offense and health, protection or defense
Images credits: SWGOH.gg & EA Capital Games