Welcome to the newly updated Count Dooku mods guide, the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only option. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Count Dooku originally started as an important leader in the early days of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. Known as the Dodge META, Dooku’s pre-Omega material leadership at Level 7 granted all allies 15% Evasion and Offense Up whenever they evaded and attack making him and Old Ben Kenobi popular leaders. However the game evolved time and time again making the Dooku leadership irrelevant for advanced players of SWGoH. While Count Dooku made a bit of a comeback during the Darth Maul Sith META and on defense in Territory Wars under a Darth Traya lead for a time, Dooku once again faded away into the night. Fast forward to May 2019 where, at least on paper, the Nute Gunray and Count Dooku reworks appear to have bolstered both characters significantly within the Separatist faction. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Count Dooku.
Main Focus: Since Dooku has 75% base potency, which is enough to build from to effectively land debuffs, your main focus will be Speed. While Turn Meter gains will are present in two of his abilities, Master of Makashi and his unique, Flawless Riposte, his base Speed of 179 (with g12+, 167 without) is second best in the game at the time of this writing. Thus, a set of four Speed mods will add 10% meaning 16-18 Speed just for using that mod set. For the Aggressive Negotiations Padme Event I used Dooku early on with my Arena mods and easily had him over 300 speed.
Additional Areas to Focus: Offense, Critical Damage, Potency and Survivability. Dooku has low damage, but high crit chance, so take flat offense increases on secondaries wherever possible. Speed is great to have, but his high base speed, and TM gain on counter will already have his turn meter bar filling at a nice rate, letting you land the sweet stun/shock combo on Force Lightning often, so it’s not as important as getting his damage higher
In-game Mod Recommendations: Speed & Potency. Well done CG, well done. I could not agree more. Put a full set of four Speed mods and a set of two Potency mods on Count Dooku with high Speed secondaries to maximize his effectiveness.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Count Dooku:
The ideal mod setup for Count Dooku, in my opinion, is:
- Transmitter (Square) – Speed or potency set mod with offense primary; focusing on speed, with health and protection as a secondary focus.
- Receiver (Arrow) – Speed or potency set mod with speed primary; with health, protection, and offense secondaries if possible.
- Processor (Diamond) – Speed or potency set mod with defense primary; focusing on offense and speed, with health and protection as a secondary focus.
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Speed or potency set mod with crit damage primary; focusing on offense and speed, with health and protection as a secondary focus.
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Speed or potency set mod with protection primary; focusing on offense and speed, with health as a secondary focus.
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Speed or potency set mod with potency primary; focusing on offense and speed, with health and protection as a secondary focus.
Originally written by PsychoPoet, Gaming-fans.com Staff Writer. Revised article (post May 2019 rework) by LJ.