Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods SWGoH characters. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively. These are mod recommendations and they are certainly not the only options. However we look to help players maximize their characters in SWGoH and we are always open to feedback if you have a mod setup that works well of your gameplay.
Today’s character to review mods for will be Vandor Chewbacca. One of the stars of SOLO: A Star Wars Story, Vandor Chewie provides Protection Recovery to his allies when they are attacked and he has a kit that is heavily focused on his Max Health. Let’s take a look at my suggestions for Vandor Chewbacca below.
Main Focus: Health is the main area of focus given his Freedom Fighter special relies on Health twice, first because the damage is based on VC’s Max Health and secondly because he and the target ally gains Protection Up (which is based on Max Health) of 30% for two turns. In addition, his unique, The Beast, grants him 80% more Max Health and his Ferocious Protector unique is also Health-based, so plan on putting as much into the Health stat possible.
Additional Areas to Focus: Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Speed, Tenacity and survivability. Under a Qi’ra lead all Scoundrel allies gain +20% Critical Chance, so if you plan to use Vandor Chewie with her take this into account and beef up his Critical Damage and possibly add some CC as well. This version of Chewbacca is the fastest of the three in the game at the time of this writing, so build upon his 143 max Speed (maxed out at Gear 12+) to ensure he can take turns more often. Tenacity is a wise move since, when Vandor Chewie is buffed, all enemies deal -25% damage. Finally, additional survivability is never a bad idea to ensure you keep Vandor Chewie alive. Note his Freedom Fighter special does not use attack damage stats, so offensive boosts from mods will not go as far with VC as with most characters in the game.
In-game Mod Recommendations: Health.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Vandor Chewbacca:
The “ideal mod setup” can be interpreted a few different ways. If you target Health first followed by Speed, Tenacity and survivability through the mods this could work out well a number of different ways. Here are my mod suggestions for Vandor Chewbacca:
- Transmitter (Square) – Health mod with offense primary and a secondary speed, health, critical chance and tenacity
- Receiver (Arrow) – Health mod with speed primary and a secondary focus on health, tenacity or critical chance
- Processor (Diamond) – Health mod with defense primary and a secondary focus on tenacity, speed, health and protection
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Health mod with health or critical damage primary and a secondary focus on speed, tenacity and health
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and defense secondaries
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Health mod with health primary and a secondary focus on speed, health, tenacity and critical chance