Welcome to the latest article in our series about the popular game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes where we take a look at the best mods for each SWGoH character. While I do not claim to have all of the answers in this game, I do my research and have used every toon I write about extensively.
Today’s toon to review mods for Dathcha. An easy farm and one of two Jaws with a leader ability, Dathcha looked like an early good play against the Tank Takedown Raid, but once players made the jump from the Tier 6 AAT to HAAT Dathcha became, much like Ugnaught, an afterthought. Personally I saw mild success with Dathcha in Phase 3 of HAAT as a second or third team in those rare instances when they were needed. Let’s take a look at the best mods for Dathcha to maximize his effectiveness in SWGoH.
Main Focus: Speed. Dathcha is already pretty fast with a 137 base Speed, but Speed is the one constant in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes – without it you cannot be competitive. Look to get Dathcha over 200 to maximize his abilities if he is a toon you are looking to invest heavily into.
Additional Areas to Focus: Potency, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and survivability. Potency will help his special, Scout Instincts, land the Ability Block and Stun debuffs which are what makes Dathcha effective. In addition, that extra Potency will also help the Leader ability, when applicable, land Defense Down and remove Turn Meter from enemies. Because Dathcha’s unique, Droid Hunter, boosts his CC and CD, it seems wise to enhance these strengths. Finally, extra survivability in the form of health, defense and protection are never a bad thing.
Ideal Mod Setup for SWGoH Dathcha:
I recommend the use of four Potency and two Critical Chance mods on Dathcha with as much Speed as possible. One note, you could choose a Holo-Array (Triangle) with a CC primary (+12%), but if so you should look to use a set of four Critical Damage mods with it. Either way, here is my recommended (ideal) approach for mods on Dathcha:
- Transmitter (Square) – Potency mod with a primary focus on offense and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Receiver (Arrow) – Critical Chance mod with +30 speed – all other stats gained are bonus
- Processor (Diamond) – Potency mod with a primary focus on defense and a secondary focus on speed, critical chance, health and potency
- Holo-Array (Triangle) – Potency mod with +36% critical damage – all other stats gained are bonus
- Data-Bus (Circle) – Potency mod with primary focus on protection and a secondary focus on speed, health, potency and critical chance
- Multiplexer (Plus) – Critical Chance with +24% potency – all other stats gained are bonus
Note: Transmitter, Processor and Data-Bus mods are MUCH more common. If you can maximize the stats from these using a MK V, Tier A mod that is ideal.
Images courtesy of SWGOH.gg